1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brad Taft-Oregon, Il, Passed away today

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rockrig69, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockrig69

rockrig69 TS Member

Brad Taft of Oregon, Illinois, was taken by the Lord and lost to the trap world today at 3:45 p.m. during open heart surgery. Brad was 82 and a long time member of the trap community with hundreds of thousands of registered birds to his credit. His grin, gruffness and "AAAAHHHH!" request for a bird will never be forgotten by those who were fortunate enough to know him and be blessed by his friendship. More needs to be said of Brad and there is much, much more wonderful stories to share but right now it's a time for grieving. I will miss him terribly. JIM FLEMING

2. j l c

j l c TS Member

Sincere sympathy and well wishes for Brad's family.
    A more true and honest friend you will not find. A very dedicated trap shooter that always promoted our sport. A very deserving Illinois Hall of Fame Shooter I feel very fortunate to have shared maney times with Brad over the years! He will be missed. Respectfully, Jerry L.Crenshaw

3. lju

lju Member

I also feel honored to have known and shot with Brad. He always had a smile on and was really fun to be around.

There were certain things you had to be careful of though, never get your fingers between his ice cream and his mouth, or play the wrong card that caused the "plummer" to go out with a double (cost him 2 quarters instead of 1). I will never play Tonk again without thinking of him. He will be forever missed in our area.

George Sills

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.