1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brad Dysinger the man Trapshooter, Sportsman

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Brad Dysinger the man, Trapshooter, former Beretta Factory Rep, Sportsman, and Cardinal Center Tournament director, Owner of Thorn Bottom Hunting preserve in Northwestern Ohio. Brad it was great to hear you on Dan Armitage's Sportsmans Show Saturday Morining, a great informative background on Pheasant Hunting and proper gun pointing from hunting to trapshooting. With almost 20 years with Beretta Manfacturingm Grand Slam Trapshooter, All American Trapshooter, Ohio Trapshooting Team placements, and then going to owner of Thorn Bottom Shooting Preserve, what a way to round out your shooting career, with the help of Your wife Ann helping with running nand promoting Thorn Bottom Preserve. With so much information of the goings on with ATA trapshooting history he has seen the and participated in the best of the ATA shooting Years where competetion
    was much different than it is now, with easy target angles, faster shells being allowed trying to DUMB DOWN and make this sport easier w/o the competetion factors that our forefathers of trapshooting that meant for it to be. A sport of integrity that has been tampered with since approx. 1985.
    He has the foresight and knowledge that few shooters will ever see again, unless serious changes are made to put INTEGRITY back into this sport, not just giving out trophies for menial scores that could mean less.

And thanks to Dan Armitage for having you on his program this morning on Ohio Sportsmans Show from fishing to hunting and trapshooting and Sporting Clays to get hunters ready for the upland game season.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Seems I remember Brad shooting fast shells back in the day. I believe to win his state doubles. Thought he was nuts to use them.

3. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

The bromance continues.

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Here ya go Chester, er Dr. Longshot

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ov-1S8Xxd94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

trapshooter27AA, most trapshooters who completed their Grand Slams on 2-holers can barely run more than 10 steps nor take 5 swings before needing oxygen. Just avoid a wrestling match. Their added beef will surely squash anyone unlucky enough to fall underneath one!!

6. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gary, your comments about "easy" targets is very disrespectful of those that started their shooting careers after the change.

My two sons started shooting ATA nine years ago. They have worked very hard to get what they set for goals. The training that we set up for them was very disciplined. Are you saying that all the accomplishments by those whom started after 1985 are worthless? There are many youth shooters who are doing very well and it is exciting for us to watch them progress. They are shooting with the current rules that are in place. If change does happen then they will need to play by those rules and I am sure there will be shooters that train accordingly.

Please stop being so disrespectful to those who are shooting with the parameters the sport currently is ruled by.

Bud and Char Bartholow

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Integrity : Longsh?t I suggest you look up the meaning of the word. Because you certainly lack all aspects of it. You demean every shooter in my sport that shoots today, what a crock of BS.

If it's so damn easy where are you and your scores???

I sure hope Brad doesn't stop quick because you will surely break your nose.

Don

8. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The grand slams of today would be cut in half with their dumbed down targets. It was a different sport in those tougher days. That being said,I do respect todays top shooters.
    Clyde

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Oh crap! not this again!!!

10. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

11. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Brad, I've lost your email address, call or email, need to talk to you.

12. Dr.Longshot

BIGDON your postings show you do not have integrity, and your scores are not any better than mine, you already proved you cannot break the 30 yard targets.

You are an insult to other well deserving ALL AMERICANS.

I got the BRICK to prove it. You proved you cannot backup your words.

Only thing you can do is try to BS your way as you usually do.

Have you broke a 100 straight at any yardage? Well I have from 24.5 in 1970 well before you ever started shooting ATA Targets. On 3 hole targets at that!!!

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Now that the election is over and midalake, 548, Rick, John G., Kim and the other political posters have become passe, its nice to see trap's Odd Couple - Big Don (sometimes crude and cantankerous - Oscar) and Dr. Longshot (sometimes overbearing and nitpicky - Felix) back on the computer screen. What do you all think will happen in the next episode? Can these two men share a trap bank without driving each other crazy?

I never met Brad Dysinger, and he seems like a likeable fellow, from his posts. However, the comment about Brad stopping quickly and Dr. L breaking his nose just about has me in tears from laughing so hard. I must admit, TS.com and these two guys are my drug of choice. All I have to do is read some of the posts on here and I feel better, . . . mostly about myself. :)

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Doc you not even gonna address those that called you on your ridiculously disrespectful comments of modern shooters? You are low to have said it but even lower to not address it. No wonder nobody likes you.

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If they lowered the basket a foot in the NBA would everyone still show as much respect for the new records. Somehow, I doubt it.

Does everyone believe Mark McGuires baseball records deserve as much respect as the Babes or Mantle. One performed on a healthy dose of hot dogs and beer while the other-who knows.

How 'bout records won with Model 12's, 870's and Browning Broadways using paper shells with cardboard wads and beaten by K-80's, Ljutics, Perazzis, Seitzs and Guerinis?

Need I continue!!

16. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

Well Gary,

When you ran your 100 straight, Were you cheating then too? Shooting your "heavy" shells?

You seem to think that since you beat Big Don, you are a better person. Not hardly......I'd put my money on Don anytime.

Your score wasn't so great. 1 or 2 target win is not that great, that kind of difference can change in 10 minutes. Ask Romney.

I would think someone with you talent (self proclaimed) would be shooing instead of crying. Maybe hold an office or two. Then you can spout off about things, you lnow nothing about.

17. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

While I may not be from Ohio, Mr. Ohio Bob certainly expressed my sentiments:)

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Longsh?t: One last time just for your feeble brain. 1. YOU beat me shooting 30 yd targets which you shoot all the time and I don't. 2. Then I BEAT YOU on the old fashion 3 hole, 25 yd targets shooting my old M-12.

YOU then told your friend Brad and the OSTA to crush your brick because you weren't treated right.

YOU insisted on both target formats, I shot your game. Yet you refuse my offers of shooting a ATA program challenge - 100 16's and 100 27 yds caps.

I have NEVER bragged about my shooting other that telling you that my averages on a whole lot of targets was better than yours on a few 100.

You seem obsessed with the fact that I made AA and you haven't, degrade it all you want it's mine and I am keeping it.

The ONLY thing that should be remember from our shoot-off was that $2000 was raised for the youth program. YOUR ego trip doesn't mean crap to anyone other than you. The challenge is over and you had your moment of fame and ran your mouth on here in a very poor manner. Let it be or do you have to relive it over and over.

I will admit I do not have a 100 in caps. Do you want to count all the 100's and 200's in 16's, that's any yardage that you alluded to???

Take care of your nose. Get a life other than that of a grumpy old man.

Don

19. Dr.Longshot

BIGDON you seem to feel compelled to read my pots, so look at how long I was AA-27 before you even considered ATA Shooting, Let your eyes do the walking.

Go back over the years to 1968 when I first started, then go back to yours when you first started and do a comparasion before you open your mouth and stick your foot in it as You Usually do,

The ALL AMERICAN that cannot beat a games shooter he spouted off that he could.

Please don't read or answer my posts if they get you all riled up and get your blood pressure up, it could cause you a STROKE.

My posts are informative compared to yours of belittling shooters and their ideas.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. Dr.Longshot

Remember this Leo Harrison got his Grand Slam on 3 hole hand pulled targets and no one has won more events or Championships than he has,

He cut his teeth on those 3 hole targets, look at what he has accomplished!!!

I don't think anyone will equal his feats.

Leo get well soon and hope all goes well with your surgery, and my prayers are to you and Karla, May God Bless you both.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata all american brad dysinger

brad dysinger

brad dysinger employed by beretta

brad dysinger shooting style

brad dysinger thorn bottom hunting

brad dysinger trapshooter

dysinger trapshooting thread