1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brad Dysinger Interview on iTrapshooter.com

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MTA Tom, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Debbie's Brad Dysinger interview is now up on iTrapshooter.com.

2. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

Great thead TOM Henry

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Great shooter in his time but a Dinosaur like me today. Excellent interview with Brad relaying how times once were. A few more wannabees who pretend to be stars with their 90 averages should really read this one-then read it again. Todays' shooters want pussycat targets and pink ribbons with attached plastic guns as prizes only because they don't know better.

Brad came from an era of $300 guns shooting for $10,000 prizes-not the opposite today. A breath of fresh air this site really needs!!

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I think he dressed a little funky.

5. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Active Member

When Brad started shooting I was on the 27 yd line, but I did not shoot well from back there. Over the next few years Brad and I became very good friends. His style of shooting was a little different than most of us Ohio shooters. As he continued to improve and move towards the top of the sport I decided that maybe I could learn some things about shooting (especially handicap) from watching and talking to him.

Although I started before him I have learned more technical things about shooting from him by far than from anyone else. I truly believe that he may have been the best BAD WEATHER handicap shooter that ever shot ATA targets.

A very good interview and I am happy to be a friend.

Dave

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

What a great write up!! I learned something today about Brad that I had forgotten. We both shot at St Joe CC in Indiana

7. oleolliedawg

C.E.Burgess,

if I carried a 90 average I'd be a wannabee too but I wouldn't be on here giving meaningless advice to others as many do. It just so happens that plenty of others who never knew Brad and what he accomplished are quick to criticize Brad and his ideas but never could carry his jockstrap. Brad, along with others, had the balls to play the game that too few shooters of today are willing. As we continue to lose ATA members for many and varied reasons I suggest we pay attention to Brad's words and maybe he's onto something. Anyway, the history lesson itself is well worth reading!!

8. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Ollie,

Being accomplished at your craft, a good shooter, does not mean that your ideas are good, valid, thoughtful, or right. There is no correlation.

That is unless you worship at the alter of people like Terrell Owens. By your logic, we should elect him king.

Regards,

Chip Porter <---- wannabe

9. oleolliedawg

Chip Porter, or Mr Wannabee,

I certainly don't agree with everything Brad believes nor do I think it wasn't bad for the Eagles to can derisive force Tyrell Owens.

I just think it's much easier to admire an individual like Brad for his accomplishments than listen to another pretender like Tim Couch!!

10. oleolliedawg

That's me CE, same problem!!

11. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Ollie,

Stop backpedaling... you said... "Brad, along with others, had the balls to play the game that too few shooters of today are willing. As we continue to lose ATA members for many and varied reasons I suggest we pay attention to Brad's words and maybe he's onto something. "

That is not admiring his accomplishments, that is validating his opinions based on his shooting aptitude.

Aptitude at a craft is not a prerequisite to perspective. Your post is dismissive of peoples opinions because there on field performance is less than others. It is wrong.

Regards,

Chip Porter

12. Setterman

minnship8, Use all the big, fancy words you want. You're wrong. He lived the game and paid attention so he learned and was successful.

Did you get that...."he paid attention so he learned and was successful"???

It's like asking a nurse at the local Urgent Care to do heart surgery.

13. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

It does seem to be a perfect opportunity for those who hate the ATA organization to prove that they are not needed to run a big shoot.

Why not have one of the big shoots at cardinal as a non-registered shoot with all the old rules that some think need to be reinstituted? No ATA involvement, you can set any rules, catagories, etc. that you want to.

Prove that all the ideas posted on here are needed. Prove that you don't need the ATA to attract shooters. What do you think, money where all the mouths are? Show us!

14. Setterman

Brilliant double dare there hunter44.

15. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Don't tell us big talker, show us!

16. oleolliedawg

Chip,

the average ATA shooter stays in the game around 4 years after of which they quit and engage in more challenging endeavours like panfish fishing or Bunker.
    The late great Frank Little often stated it takes at least 7 years to develop as a competetive shooter but unfortunately few shooters have the ability or patience.

If you carefully read my statement you'll see the word "maybe". That obviously does not validate his opinion in totality but leaves room for conjecture. There is no replacement for time on the line or obvious skills of which most shooters have neither.

I could go on a brain surgeons website to offer my opinion but without the requisite education or experience I'm best ignored!!

17. Setterman

So stay the course and continue the decline? Tell us how you are going to increase ATA membership and save the Grand pal.

In your little world, things are peachy.

18. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Way to go Brad!

19. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

This organization known as the ATA used to have potential, and it still can w/drastic changes in the BOD and EC.

It is going to take a group of men and/or women to make it happen.

We used to have 1600 + entries at grand American.

When I ask for suggestions of what do you think needs to be done we get guys like BIGDON jumps on everybody, and he is a poor example of an All American as far as I am concerned.

I started in 1968, and we shot for money, lots of money and cars.

ATA Got greedy raised target requirements, to shoot the Grand American all 4 money to line their pockets at expense of average Joe shooter.

Hap McTweeks hit the nail on the head when he stated watch whom you elect as a delegate.

What is the agenda of this delegate, does he just want to get in line for a expensive gun when it's his turn to be president.

We need a new way to elect a President and he needs to serve more than 1 year.
    I suggest a 4 year term coinciding with Presidential election.

And if he does a good job can serve unlimited terms.

I came up the ranks the same way Brad did, he was a hell of a lot better shot.

Throwing these fluffy soft targets is wrong, the faster shells was wrong.

Voice calls was the best thing that has happened since electricity and running water.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Break out the popcorn, it's show time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.