1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BPS trigger tip

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

While doing a complete teardown and reassembly to my BPS's, I found the trick to installing the trigger assembly. If anyone has fought with this before, they know what I'm talking about.

When you go to reassemble the reciever componets and you have gotten the cartridge stops reinstalled, slide the forearm back far enough for the shell lifter to hold said arms in place (Make sure that arms are properly installed and not in a bind). Slide trigger assembly in at about a 30 degree angle (make sure that the front locater pin is adjusted so that the flats are tward the bottom and the trigger hammer is in the cocked position). Check and make sure that all the sliding pins are in the correct position so that they will slide up in the reciever (if they aren't centered, they will catch on the reciever opening). Then gently move the forearm forward and the trigger assembly will just fall into place and the retaining pin can be inserted. The sliding forward of the forearm will line the cartridge stop arms so that the pin and arm cutouts will align themselves.

This process is done with the reciever turned upside down.

I repeated the process several times just to make sure. With a little practice, you can reassemble the reciever in about 5 minutes. While not quite as quick as tearing down an 870, it comes pretty close. I hope this helps out some of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.