Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BPS trap info

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  CalvinMD 
#1 ·
Cosidering buying a BPStrap grade.Any info on the pro's and con's of the gun greatly appriciated.Brandon

#2 ·
A guy at our club just got one and likes it a lot. I shot 1 round with it and broke 23. I shoot a BT99 and it seemed to shoot about the same as far as poi and all that. For the price I think is a very good gun. Don't know if it is still there but Jaquas had one last week for $500. Tom

#3 ·
i love pump guns for trap. i have owned a bps trap grade from the 70's. i think it is a great gun. now with the extended choke tubes, they hit the target with absolute authority. a friend of mine purchased the new model with choke tubes and he uses the improved modified tube for 16 yd targets, unbelievable the way it hits the targets. i am left handed and i love the bottom ejection. alot of shooters don't like bottom ejection, but after you get used to loading it and ejecting the shell you will like it. i put over 10,000 targets through my bps without any breakdowns. the new monte carlo stock is comfortable & seems to fit most people. i am presently laid off, but as soon as i am called back to work, i will most likely purchase a new one with choke tubes. one negative, i was at a gun club last year and over heard a shooter trying to trade a bps in on another gun. the owner would not take the bps in on trade. he said "it is hard to resell bottom ejecting guns"? for the price, if you ever get tired of it, give it or sell it to a new shooter, you can't go wrong.
steve balistreri

#4 ·
I picked up one that was a SHOT show limited edition...it does not have the mag switch but its no problem at all. Mine blisters targets, is easy on my shoulder, and fits like a glove after I did some recontouring of the front of the buttstock to give it some cast-off ...my nephew loves it too because he used it at an American Legion Card Shoot for hams and turkeys. He used a specialized Kicks choke in it, patterned it, and went to town winning meat until they politely asked him to give it a rest so the other patrons would have a chance and come back the following week

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.