1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BPS mag cut-off installation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kevin Fleming, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Can the magazine tube on a Shotshow Browning BPS be changed out with a tube with the cut-off block. The parts schematic seems to indicate the mag tube is threaded into the receiver. Has anyone ever taken one down, or exchanged a non-cutoff type with the cutoff type?

K

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'm sure it can be done, but you'll have to buy a different magazine tube and the selector. You'll also have to dimple the receiver for the detent to settle in otherwise the selector won't be able to lock in. I'm not sure if there is a difference in the forend iron or not.

I've never had a problem loading a BPS single shell. Just slide the forearm forward until you feel the lifter move up (usually about 3/8") and slide the shell in. I can do this as easily as a guy with an 870 can load his. I always get a chuckle out of the guys that have to turn them upside down to load them.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

magazine cuttoff browning bps