1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BPS cleaning and lube?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shane in WI, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

Had alittle issue while pheasant hunting last spring. Couldn't get the safety off of my BPS when a rooster flushed. Finally got some time to take it apart and clean it last night. Found 3 lead #4's floating aroud in the action. All back together and working again. I cleaned with gun scrubber and lubed with Break Free. Should I have used any grease? If so where? Love that gun, just wondering what the correct procedure is.
    Thanks, Shane

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Since it is a hunting gun and will probably see some cold weather avoid grease. Sounds like you did just fine getting the junk out of your gun's action and have lubed it up properly. I usually put a bit of light oil on the action bars and in the bolt races on my BPS guns between cleaning just to keep them running smoothly. I agree with you about these being great field guns.

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Things like that happen. Lightly oil the gun. You have a real nice gun.
    Steve Balistreri

4. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

Thank you. That was my first new shotgun. Now that I think about it, it's the only shotgun I every bought new. This and my 10 ga BPS are the only field guns with choke tubes. Was my do all gun. Still one of my favorites. When I had issues it was very cold out. Close to 20 below. Only issue I ever had and can't really blame the gun for bb's blocking the safety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.