1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bps browning trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fordtech, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fordtech

fordtech TS Member

what is the choke restriction on a bps browning trap?has a fixed choke barrel says trap,does not indicate full improved ect.i dont have the gun in my possesion so i cant gauge it.

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i have a bps trap made in the 70's. my full choke barrel is tightly choke at 44 thousands. i have seen some as tight as 46 thousands. great handicap barrel. thinking of having mine opened up to 37 thousands. each barrel is different. i highly recommend the bps trap gun. mine is a high shooter, great trigger. by the way, never ever, take the trigger out of the gun, took me 2 full days and 2 gunsmiths to try to get it back in the gun. thats the only draw back.
    steve balistreri

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Steve

I used to perform warranty service and repair for Browning. The first BPS I worked on had your problem. A customer had taken the trigger out. HA! I am a patient person, and that is a good thing, when working on the BPS.

After all these years, I STILL do not like to work on them! LOL

They are good field guns, but I do not like bottom feeders on a clay target range. The average shooter creates entirely too much drama trying to feed it on the line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.