1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BP Wad Source

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TN Larry, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TN Larry

TN Larry TS Member

Anyone have a "less expensive" source than "PR" or "BPI" for B&P wads?

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Check out Graf&Son.

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Graf is not less expensive. It appears that the retail is something like $160-$180 per case. I have been looking as well and it appears that there is no cheap source in this country. Maybe we have to go to Italy and buy direct.

TB

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

B&P might talk to you in Italy, but the American guys in IL sure won't. They sell to guys who want the best and are willing to pay for it. As soon as I said we were looking for a good price on wads they stopped communicating. My advice is to go elsewhere.

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I would guess that B&P uses Gualandi wads. Graf & Sons cary Gualandi wads at a fair price.

Jim Skeel

6. argus tuft

argus tuft Member

B&P wads are not Gualandi, they are exceptionally good wads for Reifenhausser hulls and particularly good in B&P hulls, I use a lot of them and have developed up an excellent load using 24 gram wads and 15/16 oz shot, they crimp beautifully and pattern better than anything else I have loaded, they come in different heights for low volume and high volume powders, I am using the 27,s (27 is stamped in the base of the powder cup) for low volume powder overall length of wad is 44mm

Argus

7. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Argus - where do you get yours?

8. argus tuft

argus tuft Member

Joe I'm in Australia, get them from a local gun dealer

Argus

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

I believe what has happened is that with the imbalance between the dollar and the euro the price on these wads have gone out of sight. BPI has always had a high mark up and the higher price has made their sale price even worse. We are looking at other wads such as the Nobel Sport as a substitute until the imbalance is corrected.

You are correct that the B&P importer doesn't care about wad sales. With the price of B&P ammo I am surprised he is still in business.

TB

10. TN Larry

TN Larry TS Member

Argus: I'm not sure from your post whether you are referring to the B&P or the Gualandi for use in straight walled cases. (?) I agree, B&P are not Gualandi. I have two B&P wads left and the wads are identical, but have different #"s stamped in the powder cup. I think those #'s refer to the # of the mold, not the wad itself. The wads I have are from Precision Reloading in South Dakota (TUWT2) and are advertised as being B&P wads. (?) Sure wish I could get some more without breaking the bank!!!

11. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

The T2's are what I use as well, and I love them enough to pay the tariff when I must. PR is, in my experience, not only slightly cheaper than BPI, but when you order a case, BPI sends you a case of loose wads. PR sends them bagged. Not vital, but convenient.

The problem, I suspect, is a combination of the dollar-Euro value and the cost of oil, both for the plastic and for transport.

I'm hoping they come down before I need to order another case.

Tony

12. psfive

psfive Member

midwayusa.com has them
    Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bp wad