1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bozeman Montana fishing info needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Lewes, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewes

Lewes Member

Two years ago I used Greater Yellowstone Fly Fisher ( 406-585-5321 ) for guide service and equipment rental. They are located just outside Bozeman. They have a web site.. I stayed at a local motel in town. Irv

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

The Gallitin River from Bozeman to West Yellowstone is good wade fishing. If you want to find a float trip Check Madison River Outfitters in West Yellowstone (I used Mickey Wooten as a guide for 10 years) or Blue Ribbon Flies In West Y also.
    If you mention you got the information from a member of "The Michigan Fly Fishing Club" they will treat you well at both places.

Chuck

3. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

pm me ~ I went to Montana last year to fly fish. WHAT a wonderful time. We flew into Bozeman and drove down and fished west Yellowstone. Cabins, great company, great fishing!

4. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

Last summer we visited Yellowstone, and I hired a guide to take my boys and I fly fishing. We went through http://www.parksflyshop.com/. They are in Gardiner and we fished inside the park. It was absolutely the best part of the trip. Hiked a few miles to a pristine river. No one within miles. One trout after the other.

I would highly recommend Park, but they book up early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.