1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BOYT Gun Cases

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FIB, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

Today I bought a BOYT pistol case and when I got home was disappointed to see it was made in CHINA. I own at least 6-7 BOYT cases for my shotguns/rifles. The reason I bought them (and paid 2-3X the cost of cheaper made cases)was that they were American made and carried a lifetime guarantee. I called the Company HQ and their CS person told me that they had a catastrophic fire a few years ago that distroyed everything. Instead of rebuilding it was decided to "outsource". All their products still carry a LT warrany but I hate seeing another American Co. having everything made overseas. Sorry for the rant. Randy Price

2. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Well, I guess we just don't buy Boyt anymore. I am getting more pissed off when I shop ands see every single thing I pick is made in China.

I have had it with Cabela's- got a $75 gift card and walked around in ther for over an hour and EVERYTHING branded with the Cabela name was made in China! I aksed to speak w/ the store manager and asked him to help me to spend $75 in his store w/ Cabela's made in America- he couldn't and wended upp buying some MEC parts and gun cleaning stuff.

Fellas wake up and quit buying the chinese shit from Cabelas and other stores and reward the companies who make stuff in the USA/Canada!

3. wlc

wlc Member

I try not to buy Chinese unless there is no choice. It's disappointing to buy from a company that has always produced their products here and discover that it's no longer true. I bought a replacement part for my Harley and it was made in China.

4. FIB

FIB Member

As I stated ealier, I didn't mind paying the higher cost of a BOYT case when I knew I was supporting an American Co. and American workers but I'll be darned if I pay 2-3x more for a Chinese made gun case, sorry BOYT but you've lost a future customer. Regards, Randy Price

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

and where can we find a list of companies that still sell American made products?

Ed Yanchok

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

It's bit short-sighted.

It's tough to buy Made in the USA at a competitive price point. Americans like their cheap goods and while it is nice to say... not feasible... that boat left the dock a long time ago...

So who is left?!

Jay

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Guys I got several break down soft cases from Bass Pro-under their name Red Head--I can't see any difference but the name. When I was in business I had several customers who were in the food processing business. The only thing that changed was the labels

Phil Berkowitz

8. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I did not know that Boyt products were now made in China. I am dissappointed to say the least. ..............Uncle Sam, Pa.

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

All of their stuff is made in China, this is Bob Allen's Line I have their catalog. Vests, Bags,Etc.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. FIB

FIB Member

I maybe wrong in my understanding of all this but after I spoke w/their CS person it sounded like they took the insurance money from the fire, kept it, and looked for a Chinese company to make their cases. I would have MUCH prefered for them to re-tool and continue to make their cases here and employ Americans. Perhaps what they did makes more "business" sense but I still think it stinks. Regards, Randy Price

11. paul7177

paul7177 Member

I have a three gun case from Monsoors Sport Shop and the label says made in the USA!

It is 54" and has held up extremely well.

http://www.monsoorssportshop.com/

12. MarkyMark

MarkyMark TS Member

Do a search at the above site.

13. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

China doesn't pay pensions, social security, welfare, disabiity, high corporate taxes, insurance, or lobbyists. Result? American made T shirt for $25: WalMart T-shirts, 3 for $10. Most beer guts can't tell the difference. You want made in the USA at a good price, buy something produced by illegals or buy cheap beer. In the meantime, we'll have to settle for teaching the Chinese how and what to manufacture, and borrow more money from them to pay for it all.

14. Donm

Donm Active Member

Markymark. Thanks that was the site I was trying to remember. I knew I had seen one someplace but just couldn't think of it. Killed too many brain cells in my youth.

15. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

If you want to be even more disappointed, call Boyt and try to make good on the lifetime warranty. I tried on a shooting bag that kept breaking the strap stitching and was told that the only item covered in their lifetime warranty is the zipper. JW

16. braunpro

braunpro TS Member

Addarib and Stockpositing has not or will ever buy any screws nuts bolts or any of its alum. or anything made any place but in the USA. It's all up to all of us to just say no. Spend alittle more and keep it MADE IN THE GOOD OLD USA.

17. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

My products are made right here in Indiana by me. Not 100% sure where the aluminum comes from but I do not believe we are sending our aluminum cans to China. I cannot believe the Acrylic can be shipped in due to the handling costs.

Jim Skeel

skeeljc_2008_03035.jpg

18. 87AA

87AA TS Member

Buying Chinese made American branded products is my way of telling the government that they can shove they're 35% corporation tax!

19. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

87AA- wronggo! It tells the mfger that you thought so much of their product that you bought! The consumer is the market and we love Chinese products and we do not like jobs. That is what we are telling people,And now we are broke and hoping to flip burgers some day if we are lucky!

20. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms TS Supporters TS Supporters

I appreciate this conversation - my eyes are being opened. It is enlightening to discover how many old standard brands are being produced in foreign lands. I'm surprised, though, that the subject of shotguns and shells made in other countries doesn't seem to be as large a problem. If my goal is to "buy American" I need to buy whatever I can that is made in this country. Granted, there isn't much left, but I feel I must make the effort, even if my choices are severely limited.

Which shotguns are made in American? I know about Ljutic and in the long term I'd like to have one. At the moment I'm shooting a BT99, of Japanese origin. According to http://www.americansworking.com/guns.html I could also chose Ruger, Ithaca, Remington, or Mossberg. Odd, but that site fails top mention Ljutic. I also have a very nice Remington 1100 trap, but I hate chasing hulls

Which shells? I see a lot of Kemen, B&P, and Diana. Yes, their prices are attractive. Are Remington and Winchester the only U.S. choices? That's fine because reloading would also be more attractive when I include the fact that I'm using U.S. components in a U.S. hull, made on my U.S. made reloader.

While I haven't made all the changes to 100% U.S. products, I'm working on it. I might not achieve perfection, but I'll get very close. I think its a valid goal. What do you think?

Larry Frieders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

boyt outsourced