1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Boyt Alaska Series Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by keno, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keno

keno TS Member

I started using a Boyt Alaska series soft shotgun case a few months ago. Now, when I withdraw the gun from the case there are specks of rubber or similar material on the muzzle end of the barrel. They are a nuisance to remove as they adhere to the barrels. Of course I can't leave chokes on as on my gun they are external and the specks get in the knurls and become a real PITA. As best as I can see into the end of the case (a rivet and narrowing of the case prevent a real good view) it appears that a coating on the cotton is deteriorating.

I've written to Boyt but haven't got a response yet. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions, other than a new case?

Thanks,

keno

2. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

To me it is either falling part on the inside or it was never cleaned when put together. The fact you have had it for a month and its just starting I would have to say its falling apart. If thats the case it needs to be replaced.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Don't bother writing - call customer service - (800)550.2698 and request a return authorization number (RA#) and just send it back with proof of purchase.

Jay Spitz

4. Terry

Terry TS Member

Agree with calling customer service. Boyt cases did have a lifetime warranty at one time. i have one of their canvas rifle cases similar to the Alaska that i bought in 1963. It has the cotton batting and green felt lining. i bought it direct from Boyts when they were made in Iowa Falls, IOwa. i currently have two scoped rifle cases and three shotgun cases. Can't beat them. Many have tried to duplicate them but know one has yet.

5. keno

keno TS Member

I called Boyt customer service, was given an RA, no proof of purchase was requested, sent the defective case to them, and I received a new case about 7 days later. Can't beat that for great customer service. keno

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.