1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Boyd Safe Case -Info wanted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

At the Grand, there was a tent vendor selling gun cases. As I recall, their web site address was www.boydsafecase.com.

Unfortunately, that web address is not valid. A Google search for Boyd Safe Case doesn't help.

Does anyone have a correct web address or email address for these folks?

Are they the successor to Warwick cases? Their cases looked pretty sturdy.

Anyone here familiar with their product?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

Gene,

I can't seem to find the business card that I picked up there, but I did buy one of these cases at the Wisconsin state shoot. I believe they are manufactured at the same place as the Warwick cases were produced. So far I really like the case, but it hasn't been through much testing other than riding to a few local shoots and down to the Grand. I'll bring it to St. Charles on Thursday night if you want to look it over. I think Bill Boyd shoots in SE Wisconsin (Janesville), and I'm sure there are many people at St. Charles that know him pretty well.

I've had a Warwick case for the last 4-5 years, and it has served me well. Light enough to carry, and sturdy enough to hold up. I bought the Boyd case for a combo set (my Warwick is a single). The Boyd case is a little heavier, and made from thicker materials, but I still favor it over the Browning luggage case I was using before.

--Dan

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Dan:
    Thx for the info. I have a Warwick cordura 1 barrel case I use for back and forth to the club. I got a new (to me ) Kolar combo at the Grand and it came with an Americase that weighs almost 20 lbs empty. I may stick with my Warwick but thought I'd look at alternatives.

See you Thursday.

Gene

4. armymp

armymp TS Member

Hello Trapshooters! There is a lot of information about the origins and status of the Warwick, MarMic and Boyd Safecase lines. I can tell you with full authority and records as proof-General Case LLC of Milton, WI exclusively made all three brands in both Cordura and Aluminum exteriors since day one.

I bought General Case in April of 2010. By that time Mr. Sedwick had passed on. I did make an order or 2 for Marmic, but that simply did not work out. Finally, we are making the cases with the same materails for Boyd Safecase, who is now taking these cases widespread to the market. We are pleased to be his supplier. We're even working on a leather version and also a super lightwieght case line.

We do offer factory tours for those who want to see the procees of making them in my 10,000 sf factory. Please call me, Dave Samuelsen, at 608-868-2543 for any questions. All sales inquiries are handled by Bill Boyd.

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Dave, thanks for the info.

And how do we contact Bill Boyd?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. K-80 SUPER

K-80 SUPER TS Member

Bill has an ad in the Wisconsin Shooters calender.
    It's "Boyds Guns"
    He brings the cases to the shoots @ Janesville.

email is:boydsguns@charter.net
    Phone:608-868-6250

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I sent E Mails and called Bill Boyd several times (actually talked to him once), he does not return phone calls or answer E Mails ... I just went and ordered 2 Americases because Boyd wouldn't respond ... I even talked to the people at General Case and Bill Boyd is their only outlet, based on the way he conducts his business they won't be around very long ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

THANK YOU DAVE.. for your reply.

I'd also like to mention that Bill and Dave have made the case a bit bigger in the areas need to accommodate the larger stocks and ribs that many of the newer style guns have.

Anyone who is interested in a Safe Case will be able to see them at any of the shoots that I attend. I have worked out a deal with Bill to sell his cases in Florida as well at at the shoots I attend. I'll be happy to answer your questions and if I don't have the answer I will get it for you.

IF your flying in this winter for the Dixie, Southern Grands or Florida State shoots or any of the Chain shoots, it's not a problem we can have the case drop shipped to your home or office.

Jerry Bryant

PS. I am also making the custom molded ear plugs so if your in need please consider giving me a chance to make those for you.

9. Twixter

Twixter Member

To Gene and anyone else who cares:

I'm Mick McGinley the owner of MarMic gun case. I am also the designer of the original Warwick case and also of the MarMic case which is the same as the safe case. The owner of the company that makes these cases believes that he purchased the designs with the company????? Bill is now the distributer of the cases. He has been gone from home for quite some time lately to shoots. I'm sure that if you give him a call he'll be very happy to help you.

For your info the only reason that I am not still in the guncase business is because the owner of the company decided he could make more money if he tried to sell them himself and wouldn't make any more cases for me. I had an order that he wouldn't or couldn't fill in the time promised, plus 4 weeks. That was when he told me he wouldn't make me anymore cases.

Hope this sets the story straight,
    Mick McGinley

10. Bill J Boyd

Bill J Boyd TS Member

Ok Guys, let set somethings straight. thank you to those with the kind words it is appreciated. yes i am finnaly home from Ohio, Wisconsin, Sparta, Ohio(again) and Heartland Grand. Congratulations to not only all the winners but to the clubs for running great shoots. i took over the sales of the cases from General Case a few months ago. as Dave said above, General Case of Milton WI has made the cases since the early 90"s. I knew Paul for over 30 years and have known Mic for many years, i have nothing but repect for both of these men and the only problem paul and i had during his life time was how we paid out the lewis classes at our club. [Paul always wanted us to pay more places:)]
    I must appologize to the people i have met at all the shoots whom i told the web would be up by Septmber 1. I am meeting with the IT people tomorrow morning to give the final OK to make it "live". I will notify all of you the second it goes online which should be the next few days. one of the things that dragged this out was i changed the Dimensions of the cases. We have made the stock area over an inch wider to accomodate the new wider stocks such as Blazer and have lengthened and deepened the barrel slots. they are now 36" long to accomodate a 34" plus extended choke tubes and are now deep enough to take the new Pro Rib from "K". we are continuing the dovetailing of all the corner joints and the stitching of all material through the wood. as Jerry Bryant mentioned above he is my Fla. retailer, Recobs Target Shop is Wisconsin, Liz Christianson (super Massage Women) is nationwide and of course myself. i am in the process of signing up a NY retailer and Ohio. i have been an ATA member since 1975 and the above people i have known and trusted for many years, their word is their bond so working with them is the same as working directly with me. we know we have the best product out there and will back it up 100%. thank you to everyone that purchased our cases at all the shoots and if you have any questions, please call me at 608-868-6250 or email me at boydsguns@charter.net
    thank again
    BIll Boyd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
boyd safe case
boyd safe case cordura

safe case milton wi