1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Boycotting Winchester!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by michmoe, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

This past March while at the Southern Grand I purchased a flat of Winchester Super Handicap Silver Shells.During the Southern Grand Handicap I encounterd two shells that fired but had no recoil and the wad barely cleared the barrel leaving a lot of unburned powder in it.The two badshells was the dfference for me in not tying for the Handicap Championship as I was straight on the first 46 targets prior to this happening.I called Winchester up and they sent out a prepaid UPS box to send the remaining shells from that flat back to them,which I did.That was five weeks ago and I still have not gotten anything back from them.Even though its been five weeks when I call all I get is "Our technician hasn't had a chance to examine and test them".If they were really concerned as they should be you would think that within five weeks they would have tested them.They just dont give a rip! I understand that with any ammo company your apt to have a defective shell.But what makes the differnce is how the company handles it. If they would have at least apoligized and sent me a couple coupons for some shells at least to replace the ones I sent them I would not be feeling as bitter.From now on I will be buying Remington as at least they support and sponser trapshooting.There I'm done venting and will never again buy a Winchester product!!!

2. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Why doesn't the Grand allow handloads so they can avoid this situation?

3. buckshot57

buckshot57 TS Member

I don't buy Winchester any more either for a different reason. Don't believe for a minute that would not happen with Remington or any other brand. It has happened to me with Remington & cost me the difference between a 98 & a 99 in a handicap last year. It was not worth the trouble to make a big fuss out of it. Shit just happens in trapshooting! Sometimes you win & sometimes you don't!!! Why would you ever expect Winchester to just give you shells to make you feel better. Be responsible for your own game....

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

#1 son lost a major Handicap event at VA back in the 90's when a Federal Gold Medal Extra-Lite blooped. Went from a 99 to a 98 and way less money. I'm over it and so will you be!!

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

buckshot57, the man only asked for replacement shells that HE SENT to them??

Bottom line bean counters have ruined this once great American company.

Hap

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'd ask for rrplacemet shells then they can take their sweet time at their expense not yours.

Keep calling. A tic bite always gets scratched eventually.

Jim

7. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

We had a silver handicap AA not fire the other day at practice, the first one of them I have ever seen not fire..
    I did have a winchester 3" turkey load go snap one year, it was the first turkey I had ever called in, I was using my citori so I smacked the butt and nailed him with the other barrel..

8. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Whatcha gonna buy when a couple of Remingtons go fizzle? RIOs? Get over it. Shit happens.

9. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

The model 70 change, then making almost all rifles outside the US and then a few years back they had bad shells from the factory (purchase at the Grand) with defects you could see. Then the two piece wad thing. All this with no acknowledgement or apology from Winchester. I don't buy Winchester. Let the bean counters win and try to pinch profits from no revenue coming in.

10. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Which rifles were not made in the States?

Ajax

11. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Get over it?..All I'm asking for is for them to replace the shells they had me send them.I understand shit happens.I'm over that part.But what I dont understand is why bother to have me send them shells and at least replace the shells I sent them.Thats the part that has me po'd!!!!

12. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

There's a lot of guys reading this forum that would be very happy if their problems were as serious as yours.

MK

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Moe,
    Tuff crowd here,but I feel your pain. Will see you tomorrow at Mason? Bill

14. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

michmoe

I wonder how many of these guys would change their tune if they were in the shoot off for the $100,000 at the Grand this year and they had a dud...especially when new shells are mandatory?

I have had plenty of duds at the wrong time shooting Winchester junk....no more for me!

Mark

15. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

357, I have over 300,000 registered targets, I have seen and heard at least 10 fold more problems with reloads than new shells.

I agree with, "it's not the problems you have, it's how you handle them". I have had AA problems over the years and they do not get in a hurry. If you are at a major shoot, a rep usually will do something for you. Again the bean counters have cut back the reps at shoots. I had new shells spliting and sent shells back at 3 state shoots & the Grand. Many others had the same problems at that time. I recieved a letter in October telling me that Win. had no idea because they had not heard of this problem previously. Welcome Federal & Rem.

16. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

Two posts on "bean counters" in this thread. While I am not an accountant I am in business and those "bean counters" are there to watch the finances of the company. One of the attributes of their skills is that the company has the money to be able to keep it's employees employed. Please don't be so quick to criticize something that you may not understand. Your own job may have been saved by a bean counter that was watching your company's expenses and kept them from laying you off.

17. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Did most of you miss the part he just wants credit or shells for the one he sent back. To the bean counter yes a lot of them have made companies worse and even close. One of the biggest mistakes they make is cutting maitence it shows a quick profit, but causes a long term loss. = to not spending money for cleaning supplies for your shotgun then after shooting in the rain and not cleaning it wounder why it's rusty or doesn't work, but it did save money at first.

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I'm not a fan Of Winchester myself Hogo.

19. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Winchester is great company and I thank them for their support and generosity over the years.

20. coho

coho Member

about 10 years ago I was chucker hunting in eastern Oregon when I found about 10 Winchester 20 ga duck and pheasant loads that the brass had separated on. I sent them in to Winchester, I didn’t ask for anything, I just thought they might want to look them over. The shells were purchased by my father in the early 60’s so I wasn’t too upset over it. Winchester sent me a thank you letter and a coupon for $70 off any Winchester product. I was pretty impressed and that’s one reason I shoot a select energy o/u but things change so maybe their customer service has slipped a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

boycotting winchester ammo