1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Boycott News Journal Advertisers

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Within the last hour a Megan Kelly interview of a NY Senator indicated a possible legal action against the News Journal that printed gun owners names and addresses along with a boycott of their advertisers flashed on screen in the form of a headline. He said their ediorial board is left of left. I am once again suggesting a boycott of all Gannett newspapers in solidarity of their attack on law abiding US citizens and boycott their advertisers as well! The way to fight is financially. Put Gannett into bankruptcy and their left wing reporters into the unemployment line. ed nichols

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Gannett also owns TV and radio stations. They probably funnel money from those outlets, to their money losing newspapers.

3. trapperwads

All radio and TV stations do not make money. They change ownership often as the result. Newspapers also have gone under because of the high costs associated with publishing. Lets help this one go under and the other Gannett papers as well. They have taken the freedom of speech to the new level of putting honest citizens lives in danger. ed

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

About the only people they PUT in DANGER are those who aren't "revealed" on that list!!!

Home Invaders number one FEAR is still, finding a "armed" home OWNER home!!!!

5. trapperwads

As a gun owner, if your name and address is published and you go on vacation do you not think your home is subject to break-in and your stolen gun is used to shoot someone, don't you think that puts another persons life in danger. This was suggested to me by a former police chief. ed nichols

6. timberfaller

Then there is Donald Kaul and the Des Moines Register!!

Who is the TERRORIST??

7. timberfaller

The cockroaches are coming out in force, they don't care that the Second Amendment is there to protect the First!!!!

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Those anti gunners sure are some peaceful loving a holes ain't they

9. Nutso

Nutso Member

I read today where the journal news posted armed guards at their office, I wonder if they posted their home addresses too.

10. trapperwads

FOX news now reporting this liberal rag has hired armed security guards for their protection. Now gun toters are good? ed

11. trapperwads

Not less than a half hour ago I was listening to Fox news on XM. An ad mentioned Fox News Talk was dropped. Do or did they have two seperate Fox news networks? ed

12. Rick Barker

Oops! False alarm.

It is Fox News Talk, channel 126 they dropped.

Channel 114 is still on the air.

When I heard the story on the TV broadcast, I did not hear the word "Talk" as I was doing something else and missed part of the story. I did not listen to "126" and did not know it was on the air.

Think I will let my subscription drop anyway. Don't spend that much time driving any more.

13. Rick Barker

Megan Kelly give the newpaper the spotlight on this today.

14. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Vote with your wallet.

The absence of your dollars will speak louder than anything else.

15. trapperwads

Fox news now reporting that the New York State rifle and pistol association is urging a boycott of the Journal News advertisers. We've started something on this forum. Also reporting that Putnam county officials have refused to give that paper names of legal pistol permit holders in their county under threats of a lawsuit. Maybe letters of support to Putnam county and a boycott of all Gannett newspapers is in order. ed

16. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

When I was a young commuter, I read at least 3 newspapers a day. Now I find that there is only one paper worth reading; the Wall Street Journal. All the others are merely left wing trash with virtually NO news at all. Further, the most elite of the leftist writers are the witty folks who write on the walls of public toilets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.