1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Boycott Mexico!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Recentlyl, while shopping I noticed a sticker on fruit that says produce of Mexico. Besides fruit, cars and typewriters are among things exported to the US from Mexico. We in unison have much more economic clout than those few attempting to boycott Arizona. Maybe its time to show Mexico and the administration that we will not tolerate being invaded and not allow Mexicos president to come here and talk trash about our nation. He depends on illegals to send money back. A boycott will show him and American manufacturers that go there for cheap labor that we make the rules in our country. thanks for reading. ed nichols

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I agree with that. Don't buy Ford Fusions they are made in sonora Mexico. Don't buy Hersheys candy it is now made in Mexico. Pass it on to everyone in you address book. Bulge.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is a lot of that going around ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Only problem is,,,,if you stop sending them money down there,,,,they will come here to try and find it,,,,better to boycott those in this country who are trying to punish one of our own states and their fellow Americans....

5. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

If you boycotted Mexico and China what would be left to buy? Very little is made here. We may assemble a few cars but the parts are made somewhere else normally. There are several reasons but a lot of this has to do with government restrictions that apply only to items manufactured in the US.

6. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

"Besides fruit, cars and typewriters are among things exported to the US from Mexico."

-----------------------------------------------------------

What the hell is a typewriter? Nobody has bought one of those dinosaurs in the last 25 years.

We were looking through the basement of an old office and our 16 year old daughter pointed at a typewriter and said, "What's that!"

7. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

That ain"t right.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I can't boycott Mexico. That's where the UAW forced Ford to make the new car I'm about to buy.

-Gary

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Gary, I was going to buy one made there also until I found out it was made there, so I opted for one made in Huntsville Al. Bulge.

10. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

My Grandkids are meskins, hell San Antnio is meskin Mecca.

11. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Don't have a problem with Mexicans, just Mexico. In all probability the television in your house is made in Mexico. Seems to me if welfare recipients were required to work and the unemployed hired into new jobs with subsidies we could beat China and Mexico at manufacturing. Simply add a little incentive to what they already receive for free and the costs should amoritze themselves. If Obama was spending the stimulus money to subsidise building new modern manufacturing facilitys we could fill them with the unemployed.

Robert

12. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

If we didn't have Mexicans, who would do all the suck jobs that they do. Definitely not those people standing on the street corner in our major cities.

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

If no one wanted to do the "suck" jobs, the demand for people to do them would go up and so would the wages for those jobs. Then we would find people that would want to do them. Bulge.

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

BarrelBulge:

Unforunately, the Ford that meets my needs/wants is not available as mfd in Huntsville AL. Perhaps you bought a Hyundai.

My own decision to by a Mexican-made Ford was not made lightly. Being intimately familiar with "union mentality" and how the UAW and other big unions have driven industry out of this country for decades, I considered buying a high quality American-built Japanese brand car as my wife did. These are assembled by Americans who keep thier jobs by working hard and accepting reasonable wages and benefits commensurate with their skills and education, as opposed to the UAW mob -- a workforce comprised greatly of undereducated, overpaid slackers whom the union protects by extorting management.

When push came to shove I decided that Ford deserves my business because they managed through their economic challenges independently rather than going on welfare and then lying about paying it back like GM did. Besides, I'd rather have the profit made on my car stay in America and the labor cost go to hard working Mexicans who stay home in their own country.

-Gary

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Good point Gary but wife does like her Hyundai Sonata. When i get rid of the blazer I hope to buy a Ford Edge. Bulge.

16. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

What car is manufactured in Huntsville Al? thanks!

17. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Frostyman, 100 or so years ago the "suck" jobs were performed very much by the Irish and a lot of Chinese. No one wanted to hire a "Mick" for a decent job or decent pay. Signs in front windows of stores and factories stated; No Irish Need Apply. When my Grandfather (McCarthy) came here in the early 1900's he had to pay 50% more per acre to rent farm land because he was one of those goddamn Irishmen. Part of the farm he eventually bought is still in the family at least for another 2 or 3 years when it will become a golf course. Times have changed haven't they? Larry Evans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.