1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

boycott Fred Myers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

just saw on the local TV news channel that they have started "Operation School Supplies" Fred Myers stores are sponsering it to raise supplies for immigrant children coming to our schools????

2. Dutchboy

Dutchboy TS Member

Of course! We simply MUST keep the little ones ignorant and uneducated, so our kids can keep their lawns mowed for $30 a week like we do.....

Besides, little kids are SOOO guilty of their parents crimes, we simply MUST get them when we can.

3. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Fred Meyer, Inc is an American company founded in 1922 in Portland, Oregon by Fred G. Meyer. The company was one of the pioneers of the retail supercenter or hypermarket format of store which combines a grocery supermarket and a department store. It has locations throughout the Pacific Northwest. Prior to the company's merger with Kroger it traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol FMY. Although the company is now a division of The Kroger Company, Fred Meyer and the western region of Kroger are still headquartered in Portland.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The U.S. still has immigrations laws, doesn't it?

If they entered the states illegally they should be deported, along with the parents.

I just saw an article where Mexico is complaining about the illegal number of guns flowing into Mexico from the states. Wanting the U.S. to do something about it....

Solution, close the border on both sides, except for those who have proper paperwork...

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

My Mother once told me that her Grandmother was Fred's first employee, when he started in downtown Portland. There was Fred, his wife, and my Great Grandmother.

6. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I worked in Freddy's Clackamus warehouse for three years back in the early 80s. Great money at the time...$15.00/hr back in 1983. Teamster benefits were so good that if I posted them, younger readers would think I was fibbing.

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

cubancigar2000:

My neice is an elementary education teacher. Her students are primarily the kids of legal Hispanic migrant workers. Some of those kids speak limited English. Others speak almost none. I got no problem with 'immigrant children' coming to our schools or helping them out with school supplies.

If you meant to say the Fred Meyers program targets support for illegal aliens and their children, that would be a far different issue. The concept of so called 'anchor babies' is an outrage. I can't imagine the founding fathers intended to grant citizenship to the progeny of every pregnant foreign national that successfully sneaks in or gets preggers after sneaking in.

On a related note, I think catch and release for illegals (all ages and descriptions) is just dandy as long as they're released back from whence they came.

sissy

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Recoil, yes thats pretty much how I feel, I have no problem if they are legal. The ilegals are getting way out of hand.

9. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

If you want a great primer on "anchor babies" and citizenship, I suggest you read this article from Imprimis, better yet sign up for a subscription - its free, or help support the college. They do NOT accept federal funding.

http://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/issue.asp?year=2008&month=07

Mike

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Was in the restaurant the other day, and saw a 24 year old grandmother. How 'bout that?

We have the local educators and officials humming the "diversity" mantra day and night. Of course, they had a referendum for a new High school (failed) because of the overcrowding caused by you-know-what.

Local Tech school has a "Diversity Coordinator" at around 90K a year.

One good thing is there are lots of green spaces now where the city has had to tear down the houses they trashed. Hope the landlords had good insurance.

2nd good thing: I got a Caucasian renter, fleeing the brown wave of destruction. He had lived at his last place for 15 years and just couldn't stand the neighborhood any more.

So every cloud has a silver lining. Just it ain't big enuff.

HM

11. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

halfmile:

According to the great cartoon philosopher Dogbert, the more you talk about it diverse it gets.

sissy

12. Bill T

Bill T Active Member

I quit buying from them when they quit selling ammo several years ago. Bill T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.