1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Boycott BOA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by halfmile, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Got an email this AM:

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Marlet Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking ( Bank of America ) came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them.... He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business.”

“That is correct” he says.

I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”

“You have to do what you must” he said.
    “So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”

Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

I think it is important for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I cannot in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.
    Kelly D. McMillan
    Director of Operations
    McMillan Group International, LLC
    623-582-9635
    1638 W Knudsen Dr
    Phoenix, Arizona 85027
    McMillan Integrity-Global Vision

OK, I do not do any BOA biz but if you do, cancel and tell them why. We hyave enough shooters in this country to make an impact.

HM

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

They just bought my visa credit card account. Hard to keep away from them...

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

That email was on here last month. HMB

4. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

BOA is also a very illegal alien friendly bank. They open $5 accounts for illegals who use the account information to support residency (not citizenship). That's how they get their foot in the door for State benefits. It begins at BOA. Yeah, BOA sucks and shooters need to avoid them.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I do not doubt something happened but have little doubt this is the entire story ... There are two sides to every story, I'd like to hear the other sides before I close accounts that I have had for over 40 years on something that is not completely accurate ... The Illegal alien credit card thing was a bust and never got off of the ground primarily due to lack of paper work needed to issue them ... I could just as easily move the accounts to Wells Fargo which is right across the street and eliminate all of the free sevices that BOA offers and Wells does not, but not without good reason and cause thats been verified and is factual and not hear say ... That goes beyond Snopes which has been found to be very lopsided against gunners on more than one occasion ... I have accounts with Wells Fargo also, my wife works in their Executive offices in downtown Phoenix and has for many years ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Agreed with WPT.

Hard to believe a commercial bank would terminate any good standing client solely based on a non-financial reason.

These large commercial banks are not on a political mission of any kind, their policies are based on profit making and financial report, if any of the managements dare to make profit hurting decision based on extreme political beliefs, I seriously doubt their Board of Directors and share holders will tolerate it.

One of my company's account has firearm related name on the title, never had any issue with BoA. Not even on those business Line of Credit accounts. We get all kinds of free services and fee waving courtesies. It's hard for me to change.

8. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

If you don't believe in snopes below is an e-mail correspondence copied and pasted that I had with the Director of Operations at the Mcmillan group.

Mark

"Yes it is true and accurate. The original post is on our Facebook page McMillan Group International and it was I that wrote the post.

http://www.facebook.com/McMillanGroupInternational

Thank you for your support.

Kelly D. McMillan

Director of Operations

623-582-9635

1638 W Knudsen Dr

Phoenix, Arizona 85027

www.mcmillanusa.com

Become a fan of McMillan on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/McMillanGroupInternational

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 6:57 AM
    To: Kelly McMillan
    Subject: BofA rumor

Greetings,

I have recieved several e-mails from friends that I hunt, and shoot with regarding a meeting your company had with BofA recently. I have copied and attached the latest one that I have recieved which is basically the same as all the others I have recieved.
    If this is a true event I am going to move my accounts from BofA to a more 2nd Ammendment Friendly Bank.
    Thank You for taking the time to verify this situation and for bringing to the attention of those of us that believe in our 2nd Ammendment RIGHTS.

Mark Williams T.N.M. Attorney Services
    Phone # 602-578-5806
    Fax # 602-439-8244
    E-Mail TNM4582@msn.com

If you are not familiar with McMillan manufacturing, they are a large manufacturer of firearms stocks and components located in Phoenix, Arizona.

SPREAD THE WORD EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then say good bye B of A

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Marlet Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking ( Bank of America ) came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them.... He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
    At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my
    business.”

“That is correct” he says.

I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?” “You have to do what you must” he said. “So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
    Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bare arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products."

Kelly D. McMillan
    Director of Operations
    623-582-9635
    1638 W Knudsen Dr
    Phoenix, Arizona 85027

9. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Left them 20+ years ago, they're primary interest at that time was LARGE accounts they didn't even want my small business acct. so I moved to a small hometown type bank, so far very good move. Ross Puls

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If Snopes says "undetermined" about ANY Conservative issue l to me that is the stamp of truth.

Half the stuff I read on there is hedged and parsed.

HM

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

There is something on this on a concealed carry website that I frequent but I have not read the whole thing yet. The website is www.nagr.org it has an interview with him. John

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I called the Mc Millon Group at the numbers listed and the only answer I got was "No Comment" ... I would have to think that a company would want to broadcast something of this magnitude and not make a statment such as "No Comment" if it were on the up and up ... In the mean time I will keep on banking at BOA as well as Wells Fargo ... "NO COMMENT" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

PS ... If the Mc Millon won't take my Bank Americard or Master Charge from Bank of America they won't have to bother with me ever attempting to do business with them ... Thats like cutting off your nose to spite your face ...

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I caled the Mc Millon Group and the only answer I got was "No Comment" ... I would have to think that a company would want to broadcast something of this magnitude and not make a statment such as "No Comment" if it were on the up and up ... In the mean time I will keep on banking at BOA as well as Wells Fargo ... "NO COMMENT" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

The interview can be viewed on the website I put up above. John

15. clayscoach

clayscoach Member

Removed all business connections with BOA already!!

16. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Left BOA for a variety of reasons several years ago.

17. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I like BoA...cheapest exchange rate to get Euros whenever I travel overseas. Other places were charging a higher exchange rate for Euros, BoA had the cheapest rate. They also are partnered with a lot of the big European banks so when I use an ATM in Europe that is connected to BoA's international partner banks, I don't get ripped-off with a bundle of stupid transaction fees. Try that with some oddball local, "only open M-F from 9am to 3pm" bank.

If BoA was really anti-2nd amendment, they wouldn't donate $$$ to pro-gun politicians. Check out their FEC filing. In that list of recipients are politicians who are both pro and anti-2nd amendment. I'd say McMillian had a falling out with BoA over other matters and are twisting the story and burning bridges to make themselves feel good.

Here is the list of other BoA PACs on file with the FEC:

http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/qcom/

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I called the people at the Mc Millon Group again and asked to talk to someone, anyone who could give me a straight up answer and why ... I was connected to a Gentleman who knew what was going on (he said) but would not give his name and told me that its a long story and beyond that they have been advised to make "NO COMMENT" ... I told him that if in fact BOA was in fact Anti gun in any way or this action with Mc Millon Group was politically motivated it should be broadcasted so gun owners such as myself would know and deal accordingly ... He responded "NO COMMENT" and said have a nice day and Good bye ... There are two sides to every story and The Mc Millon Group is not about to tell theirs for what ever reason ... Take it for what its worth but I won't be closing my accounts and moving my money on an answer like "NO COMMENT" ... Thats all I have to say other than "NO COMMENT" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

McMillan was probably counseled to keep their corporate mouth shut to prevent any legal ramifications... if the story was patently untrue, the "no comment" would be a "no"...

Jay

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Thats an assumtion on your part Jay, you know what they say about that ..? They make a big enough stink about it to make it public and then have no comment, thats probably because they have no defense to their actions (another assumtion) ... If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its probably a duck ... I sent the above article to a District Manager that I have been doing business with at BOA for many years, lets see what their legal dept has to say about it ... Maybe there is a defamation suit in order, have to wait and see what happens ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.