1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Boxhorn's Breast Cancer Shoot -- Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Where is Boxhorn's located?

2. Janet

Janet TS Member

Great cause to shoot for - I sure miss the ole club and great people there.

Hello to all my Badger friends from Janet in Ohio

3. D'ohboy

D'ohboy Member

Shot @ Boxhorns last week for the first time. Great club/people and good cause for this shoot. Plan on bein' there. Dan

4. Donm

Donm Active Member

And bring a friend. And be sure to bring some money. There will be raffles and auctions. This is a subject that strikes close to many of us. So come on out and do what you can. Also if you have anything you would like to donate contact Rick.

Don Mittag

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Who was the previous owner of Boxhorn ????

6. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I never met Mr. Bennett, he wrote what I conceder to be the best book on trap shooting ever written. " Trap shooting is a game of opposites"

Wish I could make that shoot, good luck...

7. crk

crk Member

The prizes and raffle items are starting to come on display and they all look very nice!

We just joined this club and all the people are fantastic! Both employees and other members - top class group all around!

8. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

See you their Sunday Al.

Rick Brohmer

9. kgunner

kgunner TS Member

Stopped over by the Boxhorn club Wednesday and you cannot believe the merchandise they have for the cancer shoot next Sunday. Beautiful prizes and you don't have to be AA to win as there is something for everybody. This has to be one of the biggest events in SE Wisconsin and one NOT to be missed. Rick and Debbie have done a super job of putting together a shoot that will long be remembered and supports a cause that touches most everyone of us.

10. crk

crk Member

The wildlife artwork that went on display in the last couple days looks great - gotta get some raffle money together!

11. kgunner

kgunner TS Member

Over 200 entries last year, pink hats for the shooters, the Packer game on large screen TV and there are at least twice the prizes in 2007. Great event, a free lunch and a chance to help a cause that touches all to many of of us. How can anyone possibly miss this event?

12. 89badger

89badger TS Member

I was at Boxhorn last night and the latest addition to the auction items is a baseball autographed by Henry Aaron - the holder of the record for most home runs hit in MLB.
    Please come out and help us raise money for a great cause. I guarantee you will have a good time.

13. crk

crk Member

14. Boxhorn

Boxhorn TS Member

Bring your wives and girlfriends.
    Pamper chef, Tupperware, Jewelry, Mary Kay vendors will all be on hand.

We have over $3000 in prizes and silent auction items and that is conservative I haven't added it all up yet but It could be even closer to $4000 with the Hank Aaron autographed Baseball. This is not a printed autograph but the real McCoy...

Did I mention the Klements Sausages from the Milwuakee Brewers will be racing and you can bet on the race!! Winners split 1/2 the pot and remainder goes to Breast Cancer Research.

Of course we are serving Klements Brats!!

We are taking donations up through Saturday so if you have anything you want to donate just give us a call and bring it Sunday or drop it off on Saturday.

We will start squading around 9:30 a.m.

1/2 price drinks from 4 -7pm after the events are over.
    See you at the club
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed to date. Your generousity is just overwhelming. :)
    Rick

15. crk

crk Member

16. crk

crk Member

LOTS of prizes and raffle items hit the main room today in prep for the event tomorrow - A lot of neat items. Not just shooting items either. Something there to fit everyone and a worthwhile cause, too!

17. crk

crk Member

18. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Please let us know how it went. Shoots of this nature are always a good cause. Unfortunately we can't all go.

19. Boxhorn

Boxhorn TS Member

We had a record number of entrants about 186 shooters and about 390 entries!
    It looks like we raised around $9000 for Breast Cancer.
    The lewis purses totaled $1300.
    We had some logistic issues and I have posted issues and solutions on the boxhorn discussion threads. Overall though we were done by 4:15 with most shooting.
    I'll have all the details posted on boxhorngunclub.com sometime tomorrow nite. I have pretty much a full day tomorrow putting the club back together!!
    thanks so much
    Rick Schim

20. crk

crk Member

The event was great and the weather held out. It was a great day to spend on the shooting line. We made a few new friends and got to try some events that we had not been in yet.

For those that know the sausage racers, bratwurst won the race!

Thank you to everyone at Boxhorn for a really fun day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.