1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Boxhorn WinterClays

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lewandowski, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewandowski

Lewandowski Member

For you trapshooters who like to shoot some sporties every now and again. Boxhorns is located in SE Wisconsin. Please see website for directions: http://www.boxhorngunclub.com/

This is the second year for the WinterClays program at Boxhorns. We want to take a moment to thank everyone who shot last year. We have made some changes this year to simplify things while maintaining the main idea to the program…a place to shoot a 100 target non-registered tournament every week during the long Wisconsin winter.

The program starts Saturday 11/10/2007 and ends on Saturday 3/29/2008. Shooting starts each Saturday at 10AM with the last squad out about 2PM. We will set a 13 or 14 station course. The course will be reset every week.

Shooting fees will be $30 with an optional $5 lewis purse.

We will shoot in three classes:

A – shooters who generally shoot above 80 or registered shooters in class A and above
    B – shooters who generally shoot in the 70s or registered shooters in class B
    C – everybody else

Boxhorns will provide a class purse each week. This could be free drinks or shooting, maybe some boxes of shells or maybe merchandise...just something extra for the class winners each week.

At the end of the WinterClays season Boxhorns will give away a free entry to the 2008 Wisconsin Sporting Clays Championship Main Event at Hunters Park. This will be awarded to the person who shoots the most times during the Winter Clays season. This is our way of saying thanks for your support. In the event of a tie we will draw for this prize.

Each Saturday we will also have a trap doubles tournament. The cost will be $10 with $2 of each entry returned via lewis. But….we won’t be shooting these targets from the usual 16 yard line. Trust Boxhorns to put a little SPORTING into these targets!

Depending on shooter interest, we would be happy to add other features to the program. Tell us what you want!! !

As you know Boxhorns is an old-fashioned handset course. It is sometimes hard to schedule trappers and squads. We usually plan for a maximum of three groups shooting the course at one time. Shooters who have signed up can shoot trap for a reduced price of $5 if you have to wait for a trapper. You can also enter the doubles tournament. Boxhorns will buy a free beverage of your choice to all shooters who call ahead to reserve a squad time. This is our way of saying thanks to all who help us better schedule our resources. But a reservation is NEVER necessary, we’re always happy to see you.

The WinterClays event is held on Saturdays but the course is open both Saturday and Sunday. Besides the 100 target ‘Tournament’ course, you can also shoot a 50 target/10 station course. We will also have available a 50 target/8 station ‘QuickClays’ course designed for shooters who don’t want to walk quite so far or who have limited time to shoot that day.

2. Lewandowski

Lewandowski Member

3. Bullheaded on SKB

Bullheaded on SKB TS Member

Len, you were just at WGC promoting sporting clays. At waukesha they use the automatic throwers. I think the price is abotu the same. What is aadvantage at Boxhorn?

Tom

4. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Len, your wasting your time with ( Bullheaded) Old Hopper! He is not likely to shoot sporties in the winter do to cost. I may get thier form time to time. Just shot my first sporties at WGC last Sunday. I really enjoyed it. Hopefully, I will see you out their.

Rick Brohmer

5. Lewandowski

Lewandowski Member

Tom,

There is no advantage...both clubs are great. Jeff & Pat do a great job setting targets at WGC, running the registered shoots and organizing the 5-Stand program every winter. I hope people attend the registered shoots at WGC and I hope they try the WinterClays program at Boxhorns too.

6. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Len' Just so you know bull headed on SKB isn't Tom Hoppe. It's one of Rich Brohmers may names!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Bullheaded On SKB?? I think we all know who shoots an SKB. I will claim to many things but not to that screen name nor the attrocious writing with the thread.

Rick Brohmer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.