1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BOX OF RED HULLED 2O GAUGE SHELLS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin62, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

A FRIEND GAVE ME A BOX OF NEVER SHOT 20 GAUGE SHELLS WHICH ARE RED HULLED. WHEN WOULD THESE HAVE BEEN MADE.HE FOUND THE BOX IN A CUPBOARD IN HIS HOUSE, THEY LOOK LIKE THEY JUST CAME OUT OF THE STORE YESRTERDAY.

2. 3357

3357 Member

Put them on a shelf, a friend of mine dropped one of those red 20's in his 12 gauge Zoli while shooting 5 stand, was distracted for a moment in conversation, then thought he forgot to load the top barrel, put a 12 gauge shell in behind the 20 and called for the bird.

He burst the barrel, exploded the fore end and is now missing the first two joints of his index finger and the end of his thumb.

The red 20 was a left-over in his vest from a previous shoot. Be Carefull.

3. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Well if they look like new, what brand are they and paper or plastic?

4. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

I would be willing to buy them from you if they make you nervous. PM me if you are interested.

5. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

remington plastic...power pulse piston wad....looks almost like a western auto shell box.

remember when western auto use to have a gun catalog....i use to look at that for hours.....they had alot of gun's including a lot of pistols

6. det131

det131 Member

If one of you guys has a 20ga (fired or unfired) round(s)in any color other than yellow I would like to get ahold of one or more for demonstration purposes to the kids I teach in 4H and Boy Scouts. Most including their parents don't know that you could come across a 20ga in any color other than yellow. Some of the grandparents remember, as sadly so do I.

I'll pay the shipping

e-mail jimjmb@aol.com

Thanks

Jim

7. TjayE

TjayE Member

Jim, list your address on this site and I am sure some people will mail you a few of the 20 gauge shells that are not yellow in color. I have some black Remington 20 gauge cases. Tom

8. det131

det131 Member

Forward to

Det. James M. Boston #131

Warminster Township Police

401 Gibson Ave.

Warminster, PA 18974

Jim

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I'd like to get in on that too. If anyone has 20 gauge hulls or shells in colors other than yellow they'd like to share, I'd appreciate it.

I teach Hunter Education in Kansas and could use it for demonstration purposes.

Shoot me an e-mail, please.

Tim Bruggeman

10. det131

det131 Member

Want to thank Ross Puls for the old red 20ga Western AA's. I remember them well. Almost found myself wanting to give them a sniff to see if they still smelled as good as they use to. Not quite the olfactory pleasure of Federals, however nothing can beat the smell of burnt powder (anybodys) either in our youth or even today.

Thanks again

Jim

11. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Hello Everybody here is what I have in regards to this post.Four complete boxes of Red 20ga.paper shell (Western Expert) 1950ish??? 60's I am really not sure.
    2 1/4 dram 7/8 oz 8 & 9 shot 2 3/4.The boxes are old but some appear unopened. there is some flaking of the carboard boxes 15% or less of the boxes one has some writing on it nothing major.
    Here are my thought's, I will break up a box to sell five lot increaments.$15.00 per lot(5) shipped.The loose box goes to the first buyer of two lots $30.00 or more.The other three boxes $40.00 per box shipped unless some one wants all three than $100.00 shipped.
    first come first served as usual p.m. or email is fine.
    Thank You,
    Jim Zee

12. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Now that is the spirit! Get em Zee! Tom Rhoads

13. JRW

JRW Member

I have about 400 red 20ga AA's bought them here on T/S.com. They load great. Jerry in MI.

14. checker

checker Member

Got 100+ lots of Vintage Shotgun Shells on Gunbroker, Full Boxes ( 160061501 is number of Gunbroker auction....Remington SURESHOT 20 GA full box #5's Rem code S20-5 2 1/4 - 7/8 - 5 load in near perfect condition )

[​IMG]

Looking to buy - trade for Remington GAME LOAD shells .....over shot wad has is stamped with load on it. Game loads were offered in Squirrl Load, Rabbit Load, Duck Load, Heavy Duck Load, Goose Load, Quail Load, Snipe Load, Grouse Load etc....here are some examples...PM with what you have....Thanks

[​IMG]

GunBroker Auctions include lots of others like Winchester Nu Black,Ranger Super X, Leader, New Rival, Blue Rival, Repeater, Record, Leader, etc & Remington,Sure-Shot, New Club, Nitro Club, Arrow,etc Peters High Velocity, Deluxe Tatget, Target, Ideal, High Gun, etc Vintage paper shells, 4 Ga,8 Ga, Lots of 10 - .410 GA/32mm , Federal, Modern all plastic lot of 7, foreign, Pin Fire, American Eagle, Red Head and more.
    [​IMG]

15. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

very nice Checker, any full complete boxes?

16. checker

checker Member

The one pictured and 7 other full boxes.....Remington SURESHOT 20 GA full box #5's $45 and....
    Peters Victor Field Load 16 GA full box $40

[​IMG]

Remington EXPRESS 12 GA full box of 25 #6 $40

[​IMG]

RARE Remington SURESHOT 16 GA # 11 shot $75

[​IMG]

Win Ranger 16 GA 2 9/16 #8 $50

[​IMG]

Rem Target Loads 16 GA #9 $55

[​IMG]

Western XPERT 20 ga #4 $30
    [​IMG]