1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Box end ratchets

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slipping into darkness, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

Look at some box end ratchets like them till I look real close and it looks the the gear is made out of plastic or some other composite. does anyone have any experience with them, they don't look strong enough to break any nuts loose. Thanks now, to any helpful reply's.

2. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

The "Gear Wrench" brand works well.

3. ryanhammer

ryanhammer TS Member

Get a set of gearwrenches when they are on sale at sears. I promise, they are strong, and you will NOT regret it. RH

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I never buy Snap On due to the cost but I did buy a full set of SAE & Metric of these and love them

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

You usually get what you pay for. The junk brands aren't usually worth it. Buy quality. It's an investement and will save skinned knuckles.

6. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

The actual Craftsman brand from Sears are pretty tough. I have had a set for About seven years and have only had the 9/16" replaced. That wrench had some heavy use. Neil

7. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I like the sears brand. I've used them for a long time and usually I loose the ones I'm using the most. They fall out of a bolt bag and go in the mud before you notice them gone. As an ironworker we use them on metal buildings a lot and especially on the sag rods when we are plumbing up the bldg. You can slip one of the wrenches over the end of a threaded rod and go to town on the nut where as a box wrench will have to be spun or a open faced wrench will have to be refit everytime. All us guys use them. Sears replaces broken tools and they still have the edict of paying a soldiers difference in pay scales in place. Support those who support our troops. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.