1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BOWEN SHOTGUNS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BBowen, Jul 7, 2013.

1. BBowen

BBowen Member

Anyone out there interested in making Bowen Trapguns? After 20 years, I would like to see someone take the reins and continue to make these shotguns. I am offering everything needed EXCEPT the machinery. Included would be all the CAD drawings, programs, setups, proceedures, tooling, fixtures, vendor lists, and enough small parts to make up to 50 guns. There are several completed actions and monoblocs and some barrels. There is a couple of machines that are specialized and would be included. Also there are three new guns and a try gun. The two prototypes, serial number 0 (my personal shooter) and serial number 1 could be included. Included are four new guns, some with finished and checkered wood, that are close to completion.

Priced for less than the guns alone would sell for. I will consider all offers and would consider partial trades. I would be interested in a tail dragger airplane, high quality small bore shotguns, and/or real estate.

If you have access to a cnc machining center, etc. you could be set up and making guns immediately.

Please don't interpet this to mean that I am sick and dying, senile, desperate, broke, or getting a divorce, because you would be mistaken. I am not far from 70 and just interested about seeing something that I have put a lot of effort into for the past 20 or more years, carry on. I also intend to provide any service that is needed as long as I am able.

I will not respond to PMs, or replies to this post. Please contact me by e-mail and you must identify yourself. bbgunssturgis@gmail.com

Respectfully,
    Bruce Bowen
    Sturgis, SD

2. BBowen

BBowen Member

3. Avatar

Now, if I had the extra money, this would be an interesting business to get into. I looked up the Bowen, and it seems to be a good, American-made gun. Does anyone have any experience shooting one?

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Avatar, I haven't owned all the different brands, I've shot most of them at one time or another, and when I went looking for a custom, made for me gun, I picked the Bowen. You had your choice of barrel length, POI rib or adjustable rib, made to fit YOU stock and forearm, not just an adjustable comb and butt plate, a great choice of standard wood, you could design your own checkering pattern or go with a standard one, all for the same money.

Bruce took a well thought out design that Tom Seitz "invented", made some improvements to that design and put it in production. They are a great gun....I have 3 of them.

This is a great deal for someone. I too wish I had the resources to take it on.

Jim W....AKA Jimmy Bowen

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

6. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

How do you open the barrel of a Bowen? I can't see how it's done.

7. ZTWITHE

ZTWITHE Member

The trigger guard slides backwards.....

8. BBowen

BBowen Member

9. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

I own one, they are great guns. I broke the frist 100 from the 27 yard line with one in 2000.

Barry Kemper

10. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Barry.

Is that the one that they gave you for breaking the first 100 from 27 yards with a Bowen?

Terry.

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

3? really? You'll get the preferred customer discount

12. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Nope Terry, haven't got that gun yet.

Barry Kemper

Search tags for this page
bowen shotgun

bowen shotguns

bowen trap gun 12a