1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bowen #61 for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by elinvar, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elinvar

elinvar Member

0   0   0

Hello All

For sale today- Bruce Bowen #61 single barrel trap gun- 34" barrel, 14.25 LOP- Right hand cast and palm swell- Release trigger installed- Pull parts also included. Gold trigger and Hinge pin. Black grip cap. Adj comb and Butt.
    .736 bore with .701 choke = .035 choke - 80/20-90/10 poi- I havn't shot it on paper to see for sure. Americase with all tools.

Gun reconditioned in march 09- with certificate signed by Bruce to that fact.
    This Bowen is in 99% condition- Only a few tiny marks on the receiver- wood is excellent.
    This gun could not be nicer!! Feel free to call with any questions or for more pictures- Trades welcome. $7500.00

Terry Jones
    Terry's Gun Vault
    103 N Main, Pierson Station, IL 61929
    217-433-9885

Thanks for looking!!

2. elinvar

elinvar Member

0   0   0

Going to pattern my Bowen monday to correctly determine the POI- I will let everyone know then.
    Terry

3. elinvar

elinvar Member

0   0   0

here is a picture of the pattern from the Bowen- shot at 13 yards from a bench rest. beads stacked in figure 8- sighted at bottom of dot. center is 3.5 inches from bottom of dot- This makes it right at 80-90% high.
    2nd pattern had the same results.
    Terry

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

0   0   0

That picture seems strange to me! I've always heard that Bowens were choked tightly - 90% pattern guaranteed. My Beretta modified Mobil choke will concentrate almost all of the pellets within 3" at 13 yards, and my Alfermann full will leave a ragged hole at 13 yards. This picture is what I would expect from a skeet choke or cylinder. Am I dreaming?

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I agree Some thing is not right . At 13 yards a big hole ???

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

It may be the load too? Soft shot spread out as fliers, not at all like hard shot at this distance. Do that same distance with an STS 2-3/4 or 3 dr 7-1/2 and see what it does?

Hap

7. elinvar

elinvar Member

0   0   0

here is the 2nd pattern board- the circle on the paper is 8" in diameter- shot at 39 feet with 1oz of 8 shot- windjammer wad.
    When measured almost all the shot is within a 6" circle- there is absolutley nothing wrong with this gun.

Terry

8. william miller

william miller TS Member

0   0   0

What are the differences between a Silver Seitz and a Bowen?

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The Silver Seitz is an upgrade and the Bowen is a copy of the original Tom Seitz gun with out the refinements .

10. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

TTTFT

11. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

0   0   0

The difference is one works and one doesn't.

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Another comment that adds little ??

Bill What do you need to talk about ? The Silver Seitz took the Tom Seitz design made it more user friendly and they are still in business .

13. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

DB BILL Please do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bowen trap gun for sale

bruce bowen original silver seitz design

silver seitz trap guns wobble on hinge pin