1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bow hunting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I think you are looking for Bow hunting .com.

2. mono1393

mono1393 Member

try ArcheryTalk.com There are a lot of opinions on that site. Good luck. I've always used G5 Montec's myself and have been quite pleased, of course the only other I have tried is the Muzzy broadhead, and I decided I like fixed blade BH's better.

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

A copuple of the best heads made are the Slick Trick's and the G5 Striker's. Lots of good heads but from all the testing done year in and year out these are two that always come out on top. The Slick Tricks win every poll on most bowhunting forums and sre very affordable at 25.00 a pack vs 35.00 for the G5 heads.

4. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

GRNTITAN, there are a lot of trapshooters that also shoot a bow and bowhunt. I agree that this thread should have been put in the off topic dept.

Turkey Hunter, e-mail me or call me at 530-342-0110. I am a lifelong hard core bowhunter and I own a Pro shop. A lot of things come into play when it comes to proper broadhead choice. I would be glad to help you with your choice if I can. Bill

5. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I've used Muzzy's, thunderheads, spitfires, and rage. In my experience the thunderheads are by far the best out of this list. You get a good blood trail and good penetration.

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I use G5 and had no problems.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bill Hom--I am one of those Trap Shooters that is also a die hard Bow Hunter. I just didn't think this post belonged in the shooting section thus my comment.

Any broadhead on the market will kill the largest Whitetail or Mule deer if you do your part. Pick one and practice, practice, practice, practice with them. You can't just practice with field(practice) points. You must PRACTICE with the broadheads you plan to hunt with. I've used everything from Muzzy(3 & 4 blade), Spitfire expandables to no name Wal Mart broadheads and have taken deer with all. Oh did i mention you need to practice practice practice???? The other half of the equation is the bow and it is also not important on Brand. You just have to become one with your bow. I use a little older Hoyt Vipertech. I had a Mathews Z-Max before that and PSE Nova before that. The common denomininator is PRACTICE.

Matt

8. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

Thunderheads for the wheel bows and the old bear razorheads for the traditionals........Ken Jeffries

9. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Depends on the bow you shoot. I shoot traditional archery, so I don't mess with mechanicals. I'm partial to fixed two blade heads of about 130gr out of my 70# longbow with wood sticks. Hook up with an archery club... go to a few shoots and you will soon find what should work best for you. Remember Murphy's Law.

10. vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay Member

I am shooting the G5 Montec. Switched from Rage, every little bump and the blades open. Sucked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.