1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bought first trap gun this morning

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JB Logan Co. Ohio, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

strawboss-Good choice! Shot one for many years then got a BT-100 then moved on to an XT combo. Liked them all.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Now, go out there and break 'em all!!

Best,
    Dennis

3. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

You did the right thing buying the BT-99. The best gun for the money period.Good luck

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Good choice, I've had two of them over the years. Still shoot singles with one. No matter if yours has a fixed choke or invector, or invector+, take the time to pattern that gun with different chokes and loads. My old BT-99 shot 60-40, my new one shoots 80-20. Take care of that gun and you will be able to hand that down to your grandkids. Wayne

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

You'll be sorry ... in time you will realize the mistakes you are making and you will be sorry.

In time you will come to understand and then begin to believe that I tell you this only in a true sense of sympathetic compassion that you will be sorry for what you have done. The local corner crack dealer will not tell you that you will be sorry as he is selling you his addictive substance and neither will the gun dealer say to you that you will be sorry but you will, trust me you will. A BT99 is only the start ... you will want more and you will by more and just like the crack addict buying from that local corner dealer both he and you in the long run will be sorry for what the first time does to you ... you will be sorry.

So whats your next one going to be? Come on now ... we know ... we've all been there before ... you have already thought about the next gun purchase, we know you have but do not worry, your BT99 will not be jealous like your wife would be if you got another woman ... just remember you will be sorry but you will be happy as well since guns are not like a jealous woman.

6. clyslr

clyslr Member

Be safe....have fun!

Clay Slayer

7. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!!! Have fun and be safe!!

8. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

you are one lucky fella.....having a wife that will buy you a trap gun that is!! have fun and shoot well. maybe the next one will be for her. just imagine the two of you shooting on the same squad of singles with matching guns.

9. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

Yeah, that's a great choice. I started with the Remington trap guns (870 and 1100). Plan to move up to an XT or Silver Pigeon at some point, but right now I'm still not that great.

10. The Stive

The Stive Member

I am glad you took the plunge and joined the rest of us. Enjoy your new gun
    and have fun. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.