1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bought a prosthesis

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shotgunbutch, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

I just bought a PFS. It is even uglier looking on my gun than other's shotguns. As of yet I have not shot it. My hope is it will help with gun fit and recoil reduction as much as it is ugly. I was in a car wreck and my neck has never been the same. Thus this PFS. I hope this prosthetic device as my wife calls it works.

Arnie

PS It's so ugly it's like going on a date with Janet Reno

2. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

I think you will be VERY surprised as to how good this really works,I am AAA shooter,and i won't use anything else.
    GAZ

3. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Gawd they're ugly aren't they? When I first saw one I thought "I'd quit the game before I put that thing on my gun". Well, about a year or so ago it came down to either using one of them or quitting the game, and I changed my tune a little bit. I don't know of many folks who've tried them and not been happy with their performance. I also have the Ultimate Fit Comb, and the only touch point of my gun to my face is at my cheekbone - you might want to consider that if you're looking to minimize the energy transmitted through to your neck.

What I did to minimize the aesthetic problem was to get a spare forend and paint it and the pfs a black color similar to my barrel's color. It makes it look a lot better - kinda stealthy.

LMS

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I seem to think my PFS gets better looking every time I shoot it.

Arnie- You should look at your PFS and then look at the squad I shoot with. Your stock will not look quite so ugly after you do that.

Pat Ireland

5. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

I agree with Pat. PFS stocks are far better looking than the average trapshooter- and skinnier to boot.

6. lisalong

lisalong Member

I love mine! Probably wouldn't be shooting without it. I made mine pretty by painting my cheek piece and forearm to match the blue tubes on the PFS.

7. lisalong

lisalong Member

I love mine! Probably wouldn't be shooting without it. I made mine pretty by painting my cheek piece and forearm to match the blue tubes on the PFS.

8. laura!

laura! Member

Watch out Arnie, the only problem with PFSs is soon you'll want one for every gun. I think Perazzi Big Bore has one hanging over his mantle!

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

After you find the sweet spot on adjustments, follow the directions for setting up to match it closely to your gun as it is now. Shoot it for sometime, only adjust the recoil for now. I ended up with 5 complete turns out from factory setting. MIND YOU do not shoot a lot of rounds with the recoil adjusting nut not installed. I did and found the adjusting nut about 2 threads away from falling out. I bought mine because I am a lefty. Never came across a left handed gun that really fit. I did not have the time or resources and lack of a somewhat local fitter to go custom wood. plus I really do not think I am settled in my shooting form or style just yet. Good thing is, they take well to paint and powder coating. I am still looking for a forend that's not nice wood to paint to match mine. I also had to build up the grip to get a little closer to the trigger and palm swell. After a while if you do shoot a gun with out it, you will be surprised!

10. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

It is good to read the feedback about the PFS. Tell me about the ultimate fit comb. How is it different from the one that came with the stock?

Arnie

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I painted mine a real wild color. Can't miss it on the gun rack. If it can't be a great looking piece of wood, you might as well paint it a wild color.

12. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

I shot the new PFS Saturday. The first thing that struck me was the gun moving forward after the shot. Then there was VERY little recoil on my body. After shooting 3 rounds of trap I had zero soreness on my face. My scores are generally 23, to 25. This time my scores were down little at 20, 20, and 21. I think I may need to adjust the comb up as I think I was shooting under the clays.

I'm going to like the much less recoil. Getting used to the gun moving forward after each shot will take a little getting accustom to. Being able to adjust the gun to fit me is a big plus.

Arnie

13. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Funny, I had more of a issue with the rearward motion? took me about 300 targets

14. laura!

laura! Member

Arnie, if, after awhile, your scores don't go back up, consider the ultimate fit comb, I think it is a better comb, although it is not, in my opinion, as well made as the PFS. If you get the UFC, keep a allen wrench set in your 4 box carrier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.