1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bought a new Blaser

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bubbaw, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

I bought a new Blaser Super Sport yesterday. I had been shooting a loaner from Blaser for several weeks. I never thought that I would ever move away from my K-80, but I must admit that the Blaser feels better to me. The triggers are incredible. Time will tell, but I have confidence in the gun.

William

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Enjoy the Blaser

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

I also bought a Blaser S/S recently.. The triggers are super fast and smokes targets from all yardages. However, because of it's weight I will use my MX-8 for sporting clays since it is lighter and swings better. Blaser tech support is first class too..Good Luck with your new gun...

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Say its not so, Grinder. Evidently it doesn't kick the crap out of ya like the first one you had and I tried out.

M5

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

William, I thought you shot a
    release trigger.

6. il shooter

il shooter Member

have a super trap and is one of the best trap guns i have shot moves great triggers the best sevices outstanding .added at leasted 3 clays to my averge

7. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

I do shoot a double release. I will have one installed as soon as I get the gun from Indiana Gun Room and can get it to Allems. The Super Sports are much different than the low rib gun.

William

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

how about a few pictures of the new toy.

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I was at the Indiana Gun Club on November 19th. There were several Blasers
    lined up on the top row of the racks on the back wall. I picked one up and
    shouldered it. I wonder if it was yours. (I was very careful)

10. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

I will post some pictures once I receive it, which will be probably about 5 to 7 working days, depending on shipping time, and when I can get to the local trap club to pick it up and register it. It takes time.

William

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Nice choice. The SS Blaser is a nice handling gun.

12. Bueno

Bueno Member

I have had my Blaser SS for a few months now and the high rib took some time to get used to,
    but I have finally mastered it. Take your time with it and don't give up too soon.
    I had the safety pin installed permanently locking the safety by removing the stock, and I also removed the factory weights from the stock, and had a G-square reducer installed. I played around with the barrel weights until I found the perfect balance for different disciplines. For American trap and sporting clays I installed the two lightest weights on the barrel, for live birds I left just one set of light weights in the barrels which makes them move faster, as removing all the weights increases the felt recoil of those 3 3/4 dram pigeon loads.
    Be careful while adjusting the rib as the tool supplied is fragile and can break on you. (Mine already did), as
    I tried to adjust the rib to a higher position. Luckily the metal piece that was stuck fell off while shooting, but the nut is still stuck and will not move, for elevation adjustment. I tried to move it loose and failed, next I will send it to Blaser.
    The triggers are the best, but be careful not to get debris inside as this might cause a malfunction and the gun will occasionally refuse to fire, as if the safety was on.
    All and all I love my Blaser SS. Enjoy!

13. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

The New Blaser Arrived today..........
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. DC Claygunner

DC Claygunner Member

Got my new Blaser Super Trap Combo today. Shot it at pattern board this evening. Going to Nashville Gun Club tomorrow mid-day to try this little baby out. Can't wait. Feels good. BL Allen

15. Bueno

Bueno Member

DC and Bubbaw
    Put some Muller chokes in your Blaser SS, for a noticeable difference in the pattern for the better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blaser super sport for trap shooting

blaser supersport for trap shooting