1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bought a 366

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by blizzard, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

hello all and thank you to those that offered me a deal on a reloader. ended up buying a 366. question: do any of you have any expeience with using the mec bushing converter? seller told me that there will be one bushing with the press, but i've had mecs for years and have an abundant supply of mec bushings. any other suggestions appreciated.... i think. thanks.

brett d.

2. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

I don't know what vintage 366 you have, but there are some upgrades you can add to an older model to bring it up to date.
    One is the spring loaded primer seater, this is a must if your loader doesn't have it. It saves adjusting the loader when loading various hulls. There is also a primer feeder shutoff that works well. In my opinion you can pass on the gas assist option.

I have a mixture of PW and Hornady bushings. I don't have any experience with a mec adapter.
    The 366 is a great loader, but there is a learning curve associated with it.
    When you are dropping the primer into its cup you need to take it slow and coast a bit. You will develope a feel for it.

Another great option is a "easy stroke " shovel handle that is bent to put the effort at the bottom of the stroke. I got mine from a fella that used to post on ts.com. It takes nearly all the effort out of pulling the handle.

I also don't normally use the resizer on the loader as it adds more effort to pulling the handle and I feel it disrupts the flow of reloading. I use a Mec supersizer and inspect all my hulls and run them through the sizer prior to reloading.
    I have found it is best to set the 366 up for the shell you are going to load the most for best results. I have a 650 that I load the the pick-up freebie hulls on, as it is a bit more forgiving. The 366 does not work real well on junk hulls.

Read the manual thoroughly before operating the loader. It would be well to just run one shell through it at a time for a few rounds until you get the feel of the machine.

Hope this has been of some help.

ed

3. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I believe that Presicion Loading has the conversion loading bushing that will either fit a 366 or a P/W loader. It says it will take your MEC bushings and not require you to purchase the bushing from your manufacturer. I have looked at these but haven't decided whether to keep my 366 (buy adapters) or sell it to a customer (not buy).

4. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Why would you buy a 366 and not want to use the bushing that were made for that reloader? We are talking about $3.00 each.

5. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

because i have every mec bushing known to man.

brett d.

6. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The mec bushings work fine in an adapter for the 366. I made my adapters from bushings I had duplicates of but have no experience with the ones made and marketed commerciallly.

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Thank You.

Brett D.

8. E-Z STROKE

E-Z STROKE TS Member

I can ship from stock, Easy Stroke Handles for the 366,P/W's and the Spolar.I will be building all of them again as soon as the heart surgeon says OK.Hopefully that won't be too far off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.