1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bottom or Top Barrel first?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by himejim, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himejim

himejim Member

I have a citori plus and I am having a release/pull trigger installed. Any reason for the top or the bottom to go bang first? Thanks. Jim

2. Lewes

Lewes Member

Bottom first. More inline with your shoulder to prevent barrel jump. Easier to acquire second target of thrown pair. Irv

3. himejim

himejim Member

Dave, I had a double release for 6 years and could not get used to it.

Irv, thanks for the comment. That makes sense. Any other reasons for either especially in a Citori? Jim

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

You really need to shoot both. Some people can't shoot the bottom barrel first or even as good as the top at all. Personally I agree with Irv and that's the way I shoot but after trying top first for a while.

There is a lot of good advice here but you have to try each and see what works for you personally.

I took a class from a well known instructor and his advice was "I give you the tools to work with but its up to you to try each one and find which works for you".

Bill

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

imho, if you have a barrel selector, it should be pull/pull or release/release.

if your going to have a release/pull, then you need to have the barrel selector pinned so it can't accidently be moved.

generally, most over unders shoot bottom first..

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Like the others have said this is not carved in stone. I shoot an MX-3 that is designed to be Top first. I owned a Citori Trap for 14 years and also shot it Top first because my scores were better that way. I never noticed any difference in recoil and both barrels were pretty close in POI.

7. himejim

himejim Member

Thanks for all of the great feedback............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bottom or top barrel first