1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Borrow from Peter to pay Paul?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me why we borrow from China to give billions in foreign aid to Israel and other countries? Just doesn't make sense with the financial shape this country is in. If we have to buy friends are they truly friends? ALL foreign aid should be stopped until our own financial house is in order. Just my two cents. ed nichols

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

In the case of Israel, It's to support their efforts to remain a free country and to protect themselves from those countrys who would like to over run them. Israel plays a very strategic role for us in the middle east.

Eric

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Ever stop and think about how many of those murderous b*st*rds Israel ties up just by existing? Most of the time, it seems like damn near all of them. Not a bad deal for 3-5 billion U.S. a year. What did we get for Lord Soetoro's 800 billion?

Like a lot of things, it's a choice of "picking your poison".

And I wouldn't look for things to change any time soon either, regardless of what MSNBC and "The View" shows tell you.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

America should cut off all foreign aid and call in the IOU's that are outstanding to shore up our economy ... Get rid of all Illegal aliens who have not showed an interest in becoming an American citizen and adopting to the American way of life and the laws of the land ... America can be self supporting but not with an administration in the White House, Congress, and Senate that are giving it away faster than it can be replaced ... If some country wants something we sell it to them and buy back or barter for what we need with them if they have it ... America has to look out for America and the hell with the foreign aid give away programs ... If Isreal can't take care of Isreal they are in deep trouble but we in American can and will survive ... America has to become what it once was and if the other parts of the world don't like it, tough ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

borrow from one to give away to others....don't need a phd , in economics to realize a problem .

6. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

works great until you run out of peter.

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'd like it if we stopped funding the UN to try to figure out ways to ban our guns...but failing that, I'll settle for 10 large in foreign aid to Israel every year, the very existence of whom keeps the UN perpetually tied in knots. That alone is worth the price.

(suck THIS Israel-haters)

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

As this battered planet moves into yet another of many periods of unrest I have to say Israel now has value to the US.

Nothing would suit me better than a few precision strikes into Iran, corking up the supply of explosives exported to Jihadists everywhere.

We should alter our aid, paying a sort of piece work stipend, ie 2 million for a factory, 3 mil for a communications hub, 5 for a nuke facility, 20 Mil for the Madman's residence.

Money well spent IMO.

HM

9. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

It is the way the Democrats and libs have always done. Steal from one person and then give it to someone else claiming humanitarian needs. The libs have done this for decades and the problem is the people to steal from is about down to zero. One thing is for sure the libs won't donate their money but will claim the rich have turned their backs on the needy. Hypocracy at it finest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.