1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Boring Is Beautiful: Canada's Harper

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Boring Is Beautiful: Canada

Boring Is Beautiful: Canada's Harper - at link.

Republicans have some "boring" governors.

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I totally agree with the author, people in this country are fed up with politics and will cross party lines for a pragmatic leader. The GOP has to find a candidate, Pawlenty comes to mind, who people will get behind, to lead the country in the right direction. We don't need another candidate who has to be pushed to the finish line.

Robert

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

It sounds to me like she is describing the steadfast Ron Paul, who understands what REALLY creates jobs, and what destroys them.

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Wireguy, though we might agree with Ron Paul on many issues, my point is we need someone to lead the party. Ron Paul will result in a spin off from the party and independent vote and ultimately reward the Demos with another 4 yrs.

Robert

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

What's Ron Paul's stance on immigration?

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ron Paul shot himself in the foot by saying it was wrong to kill UBL.

If he gets anywhere near c ampaigning that will be his downfall.

HM

7. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Border Security
    849 Responses

From the Ron Paul web site:

A nation without borders is no nation at all. After decades of misguided policies America has now become a free-for-all. Our leaders betrayed the middle class which is forced to compete with welfare-receiving illegal immigrants who will work for almost anything, just because the standards in their home countries are even lower.

If these policies are not reversed, the future is grim. A poor, dependent and divided population is much easier to rule than a nation of self-confident individuals who can make a living on their own and who share the traditions and values that this country was founded upon.

Ron Paul’s six point plan puts a stop to illegal immigration:

1.Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.

2.Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.

3.No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.

4.No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.

5.End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.

6.Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.
    The facts on the ground are being created right now. Every day that passes makes it more difficult to reverse the damage that has already been done.

8. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

I'M A CANADIAN AND I LOVE STEPHEN HARPER! i LOVE THE DECIMATION OF THE LIBERALS,I LOVE WHAT THE NDP AND THE QUEBECORS DID TO THEM SELVES.( IT WOULD ONLY TAKE A SECOND FOR NORMAL PERSON TO REALIZE IT.THEY PROBABLY NEVER WILL.
    JACK

9. porky

porky TS Member

Ron Paul's ideas about not attacking osama bin laden in Pakistan before telling the politicians there is unnerving. He also said back in the days after the 9-aa attack that it was our fault that the terrorists attacked us. His foreign policy is a bit screwed up to suit me.

10. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

boring is cheaper!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.