1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

boresight..i would like to bore site my gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by anthony, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony TS Member

will this work.. see link

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I think boresights and boresighting is more for rifles with scopes but I could be wrong.

Eric

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

That is not for shot guns unless you are talking about on with a scope like a cantilever slug barrel or something. It would definitely work for anything with a scope.

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Anthony what type of gun do you want to Bore site ?????

5. anthony

anthony TS Member

correct me if i am wrong. about 20 years ago i had a adjustable comb installed in my xt trap and when i went to pick it up the guy who cut the stock put a bore-sighter in the barrel and asked me to mount the gun at the target on the wall..he then made a adjustment on the stock.. i have a 1187 with a new adjustable stock and like to do the same bore-sighting and make as much adjustment in the basement before i take it to the pattern board to determine my POI.

6. anthony

anthony TS Member

sarge you say do the in chamber 12 ga laser for poa/poi or will the one i have in the link be fine?

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Anthony,

Checking out the features on the link, the laser only has arbors from 22 to 50 cal.

You can use a mini mag flashlight and some electric tape.

The cheapest way is to set the adjustable comb so you are looking right down the rib. If you have a mid-rib bead, adjust the comb height so you are seeing a fig 8 if you want a 60/40 pattern at about 30 yards. I think the center of the shot should be about an inch high at 13 yards.

Since you must fine tune the comb position by shooting, I don't think buying a laser bore sighter is worth it. Now if you are a stock fitter, doing hundred fittings a year, maybe.

Jason

8. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

You should not use the laser boresighter that mounts in your chamber. It marks the center line of your chamber. This is not necessarly where the shot pattern is going. You must use one that is choke mounted. Go to www.arrowlasershot.com . This is the only one that points to the area where the pattern is headed.
    Tom.

9. anthony

anthony TS Member

thanks for the info..
    jason. thanks for poiunting that out.. the one that i am getting is for 12. ga..

10. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

last year I had a 5/8 inch rib installed and sent my stock in to get an adjustable comb. tried shooting it at paper the way it was set up. was way low so started adding shims 1 on each post at a time, you could see how the shot pattern kept going up when I was dead center at 25 yards, I picked up my recoil pad about 1/8 to 1/4 in. and wamo the birds were dust, but they do sell a lazer to go into your barrel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.