1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bore Snake

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I got in a bad habit in regard to cleaning barrels and thought I pass it along...

I've been using a dry Bore Snake to clean 1100 barrels for what seems like forever. A very convenient quick cleaning prior to putting them in the case when at the club. The instructions state you can use them dry or wet.

Within a span of two weeks I had two 1100's that would not eject the first shell or failed to feed the second.

After messing around trying to fix the problem, I came to the conclusion it was me not cleaning the barrels properly.

A build up in the barrel chamber was the cause and after a proper WET cleaning with brush to remove the buildup, the 1100's worked flawlessly.

I should have know better, as I noticed previously that with my O/U if I don't hit the barrel with a wet cleaning every now and then when using a dry Bore Snake, the skeet tubes start to hang when trying to insert them.

2. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

I usually swab with Hopppes and then snake them. No Problems

3. michshooter

michshooter TS Member

After shooting, I wet a couple of patches with Hoppes, wrap them around athe first set of "brushes" on my bore snake and pull it through the barrel. Keeps the bore nice and clean.

....Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.