1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bore size?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 5spd, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Hes talking about the choke constriction Id say, he is saying your choke is too tight. I say if you bust what you are shooting at leave it alone.
    Some guys get all excited over things that they think need to be "fixed" on other shooters guns.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

lefthdr.... DO NOT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO HIS READING. The guy, obviously, has no idea what he is doing. If you are worried about your choke, take your gun to a gunsmith, right now, and have the barrel mic'd properly. The correct way to mic a barrel is to determine the bore size first, then mic the choke. The difference between the bore size and the choke size gives you the amount of choke constriction in your barrel. Don't let this guy have anything to do with your barrel, and ignore whatever he says. He does not know what he is talking about and if you listen to him, you're heading for trouble with a capital T... Just my experience.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. 100straight

100straight Member

If he took the reading halfway down the barrel, my guess is, he probably meant it measured .775 and he felt it should be .740. I think some Brownings came with a .740 bore, which is factory "overbored." Normal 12 gauge is .725-.729. If it is .775, it has been overbored a lot, although some barrels have been opened to .800. If you use regular choke tubes in an overbored barrel, the gun would be over choked, or very "tight." If you have an overbored barrel you need to use choke tubes that are correct for that barrel.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Kind of bizzare that somebody felt compelled to check your barrel dimensions. I think you have the right idea - forget about it and enjoy your gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.