1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bore mic custom box F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by motordoctor, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Think about this. You just spent 85 to 115 dollars and you drop it one time. Then it's bent and WILL NOT work. So here is the answer. A custom made mic storage/transport container. we have about 2 hours doing it. The hinge and the catch alone were 10 dollars. the wood is redwood and light for it's size about 5 bucks.and the shipping would be about 10 bucks to you. Now we're about 25 dollars in materials, not including the milling time???. yes we will make them. how many people are interested. I FIGURE 60 DOLLARS TOTAL shipped TO YOU. I bought my mic from "UNLOADER" on this site and it is real nice. You can write me at joe1234@ameritech.net You will have to remove the round ear part on the back side of the dial indicator so it fits in the box but you can do that with a hacksaw.

We sold the original 10 and would like to make 5 more. We have one order and need 4 more orders. contact me on where to send the money if you are interested. It will take a coiple of weeks but we'll get er done ASAP. Thanks Guys and enjoy the beautiful winter shooting weather. yep 60 dollars is the right price motordoc

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

For those of us who use two sizes of the Galazan type gauge, we would need a bottom and a top with a thin barrier in between. Way too much work to pay for. If I make the ideal gun show box, it would also include a space for the Manson wall thickness gauge as well as the two bore gauges. By the way, yes, I have broken a shaft on one of my gauges, successfully glued it. It has worked so far.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

I lucked out and got a guy from the wood workers club at the recreation center measure the Bore Gauge I have, after careful calculations he said he wasn't sure how much it would be, but it won't be much ... It was actually entertaining to watch this guy who had to be 80 take the measurments he felt he needed ... I don't care how much he charges me, it'll be worth it ... (lol) ...

I was going to buy one from motordoctor but had already given it to a friend to take to the wood shop with him ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. motordoctor

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

We would like to sell 5 more. The first 10 have been completed and delivered and we have had many great comments. They are not cheap and are not made cheaply. Quality costs something. They are 60 dollars prepaid with a check and we will deliver them as soon as we have 4 more orders. thanks Joe

5. motordoctor

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

6. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Joe, rather then cut the back of the dial indicator, is there room in the box to make a dimple for the round ear part. If not, possible to make the box little deeper.

7. motordoctor

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

problem the wood for the box is a standard size and with that lug on the back there would be a hole in the bottom of the box because of a thickness issue. Gary can fix it. I cut mine off but not flush because it would leave a hole in the cover. SO don't go all the way flush

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I understand JOe. Will take it off on a fine stone. I got a guy hear that willput felt in the cut out. Also,does the box come raw or does it have a finish on it.

9. motordoctor

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

no need for the felt. It fits tight inthe box but enjoy the felt. Box is redwood and comes raw. Want it finished?? we can do that also but the cost would be higher Joe

10. motordoctor

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

11. motordoctor

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

I have one left. First email gets it. We are NOT making any more boxes. Motordoc joe1234@ameritech.net

last one sold pending funds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.