1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bore meat

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Oregunner, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Spell it Boar, and Google "Boar recipes". Mark

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I thought this thread was about barrel thickness! J

3. jhoward

jhoward Member

I've known a few bores, none that I would consider eating though, except as a last resort. Somehow, I expect they would taste as bland as the sound.

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I hope you bear down and go bore the bare backed bad boar!

Hauxfan!

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Ok boys. Our friend Turkey Hunter is a gun owner that hunts turkeys and hogs. By his presence on ts.c it's probably safe to assume he shoots a few clay targets too.

You've had some fun at his expense. Now how 'bout we cut a brother some slack before he gets offended and tells everybody to go pound sand?

sissy

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

The biggest bore from Tennessee ran for POTUS in 2000.

7. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

SMOKED BORES AND BOARS ARE THE BEST TASTING AND SMELLING...

8. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Yeah, the big bore from Tennessee liked his "pork" and was fond of pushing his "pork" laden legislation. He is still pretty "boreing", but probably still doesn't know a "boar" from pork.

9. Franklin

Franklin TS Member

if i were to do that hog hunt in tenn again i would probably have sausage and hot dogs made. my hog was so tough i used a pressure cooker for the roasts. taste was good, but toughhhhhhhhhh.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I like to marinate in Italian Dressing Mix from Kroger. Add liberal amounts of vinegar, I use a little Balsamic Vinegar, and Olive Oil.

Overnight in the fridge is a good idea.

I cook a shoulder, ham,, or portion in a Baking Bag. Ribs are good too.

Use a meat thermometer, and when meat gets to 170, you have a treat. I may season with a touch of Soy Sauce or BBQ sauce.

I cook Venison or Elk the same, except go 160 on the Thermometer. Either one will knock you down. LOL

Yum, Yum!

11. Firewater

Firewater Member

You mean ignant.You didnt say what size,if you were running him with a dog, or other pertant facts. If he was over about 80 lbs you better grind him for sausage. Mike

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

There was a huge Wild Boar that was it by a car, laying on the side of the road Sunday. Maybe 3 miles from my house. In a shallow ditch. I though it was a deer, but no, it was maybe a 300lb Hog. There was a small crunched Toyoda parked down the road, but no one was there. I knew there were wild Hogs around, but it was the first I'd seen.

13. andybull

andybull Active Member

Go to Ingles, Publix, or a large grocery store and look for Mojo basting mix. If it's a big bore either gring it for sausage, or better jet buy some pork meat at the store and dump yours.

14. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

I say again SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE. It will make it tender and keep it juicy. Brinkmann smoker $40 at Home Depot.

15. Firewater

Firewater Member

Yeah, you might cook him until he is tender, but how are you going to get that twang out of the meat? Mike

16. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

My recommendation is to give the old boar to someone who thinks they like boar meat and shoot some 50-60 pounders, preferably gilts, for your Bar-B-Q.

17. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Mix alot of fat with it and make bratworst.

18. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I always smoke the hams and have the rest ground into sausage. Wild hog is very lean, so make sure you put some kind of fat in that sausage. If it's a big old smelly boar, you may want some sage in it, too. Those old hogs will eat anything, I mean anything, so they can get pretty gamey.

19. Firewater

Firewater Member

I think they will screw anything, thats what makes them pretty gamey. Mike

20. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Don't know about Tenn Boar. But wild ferrel hogs from Texas eat as good as any domestic pork...period. Many here trap them, then feed them for a few weeks before butchering. We find that not necessary. I think the secret is to not shoot a boar, but 50 to 100 pound sows. Very little bacon unless you fatten them, but what bacon there is is the best we think. Just put one in the freezer about three weeks ago. Had chicken fried steak (wild hog) with mashed potatoes and gravy Saturday night. You should have been at my house for that meal! If it's an old stinky boar, I'd mix it with domestic pork and some fat and make sausage.

Next time you go hunt them...forget about the boars...shoot young sows and you'll never go back!

milt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.