1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bore gauge

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by trpshtr2001, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

0   0   0

Looking for a bore gauge for checking chokes in a 12ga barrel

2. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

0   0   0

I have one but no time now to send picture. If you just want to check the chokes there is a cheap step tool that will do that.Ray

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

0   0   0

You can use a set of inexpensive "Snap" Bore Gauges and a Micrometer or Caliper. You put the guage into the bore and drag it out in a sweeping motion. You can check the bore and the choke separately with a little ingenuity. It's real easy for removable chokes. A caliper can be used to measure the opening (end) of the choke's diameter, but to know the amount of constriction, you really need to measure the bore for a comparison. A longer handle could be fabricated to check the bore diameter from the breech end.

OR, You could spend the big bucks for a dedicated choke and bore gauge in the desired sizes.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Brownell's offers two variations

One is 'Universal' one which covers 28 - 10

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12737&title=UNIVERSAL%20SHOTGUN%20BORE%20GAUGE%20SET

The other is gauge specific

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12736&title=SHOTGUN%20BORE%20GAUGE

Both can be had with either dial or digital scales

5. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

0   0   0

X trap 2......I want one with a dial on it. If this is what you have , let me know more details and we'll see if we can get together.

Quack Shot.........I'd rather spend more and get more

HSLDS.........Thanks a bunch , thats the kind I want.

6. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

0   0   0

I bought a Skeet’s bore gauge from Brownel’s. Its the best gauge for the money. Click on address above.

Dale,

7. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks guys , I ordered one today.

8. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

0   0   0

I guess I was too late. Mine does have the dial. Is in wooden case but only goes about 6 inches in gun. Is stainless or chrome and is for 12 gage only but the tip un screws and I think you buy other ends. Has set up ring too as I guess all do. Ray

I will try to post a picture.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v230/xtrap2/03-2008/?action=view&current=BoreGageNoFlash.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

9. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

0   0   0

I just added a picture of mine. If interested just make an offer. Email to above or call. Ray ...Cell 817-343-2026.

There is a small area of corrosion on the outside of the set up ring and it was there when I bought it. Maybe from a finger print?? Does not affect to operation of setting it up. Ray

10. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

0   0   0

X Trap 2

You have mail...

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.