1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bore cleaning

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by brantman, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brantman

brantman TS Member

like to try something other than hoppes number 9 for cleaning the barell any ideas?

2. brantman

brantman TS Member

like to try something other than hoppes number 9 for cleaning the barell any ideas?

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I've tried a wide variety of things from Ed's Red (home made) to Shooter's Choice "Bore and Choke Cleaner" and "Bore Cleaner" to Break-Free "CLP" and on and on. Since I clean my bore after each day's shooting it's never very dirty. I run one of Rog-F's bore brushes though the bore to loosen the residue before I do a wet brushing (a patch around a stiff bore brush) with Ed's Red followed by a similar treatment with Shooter's Choice. Dry the bore and apply a coating of B-C's "Barricade" (formerly "Sheath") inside and out.

Morgan

4. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I like KROIL for cleaning shotguns. I like to finish with a touch of Break Free.

5. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

I'll share a process taught to me years ago by the gang at Marksman's coice.
    First, use a dry bore mop in and out four times.
    Second, spray with any of the good bore cleaners/plastic cutters mentioned above.I use Ed's Red.
    Third, push a good tight bore brush in and out four times,
    Finally, take a paper towel like Bounty. Fold lenghtwise twice and roll it into a "cigar" that will go into the chamber. Push it through the bore with a long 1/2 inch dowel. Repeat with solvent,(no brush)- the a rust prevent - like tri flo.Takes about five minutes.

Hank Cross

6. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Ed's Red with a bronze bore brush, spun in the bore with an electric drill for about 20 seconds. Follow with dry patches wrapped around a wool mop until they come out fairly clean, then by a patch wetted with ER. If that one comes out clean, you're done. If it comes out dirty, repeat the whole process.
    Usually doesn't take more than two cycles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.