1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Books Worth Purchasing?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TomJ, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomJ

TomJ Member

Have any of you read the books "Clay Target Shooting: The Mental Game" by Mark Taylor or "Break"em All: The Complete Guide to Fixing Clay Target Shooting Problems" by BJ McDaniel? If so, I'd like to know if either or both are worth purchasing. Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Tom

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

get them both - they're inexpensive relative to a day of the author's time at the range. a good read too.

3. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

I recently bought both Gun Digest Book of Trap & Skeet Shooting by Rick Sapp and Breaking Clays. I am just about finished with the Gun Digest book. Very good easy read but kind of entry level. Talks about all the major clay sports and how they evolved, what guns to use, ammo for each sport, etc. Very nice all around clay book. I have not started reading the Breaking Clays book. Hope to in the next week or two. Trapshooting Secrets and Trapshooters Bible, both books by James Russell are suppose to be great books. They are next on my list :)

4. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Hi Tom,

Mark Taylor is a friend of mine. He is a Denver native who is shooting in the European Championships in Lonato, Italy right now as we speak.

I bought and studied his books long before I knew him. He is as serious and committed to excellence as they come.

There are very few books on the mental game in shooting still in print. Mark's book is excellent, as it is directed at trap shooting. Others like Lanny D. are more generic. But you can never learn or practice mental discipline in shotgun too much. Besides Mark's book, I would highly recommend Perception, Cognition, and Decision Training by Vickers if you want to go up to your ears in theory and $$$$. (books is about $60.)

5. TomJ

TomJ Member

Thanks to everyone for your comments.
    Tom

6. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

oh no rebel, not that can of worms again....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.