1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bhuber, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhuber

bhuber TS Member

May 19, 2008
    Just wanted to share with you guys a bad experience I had with Bookit.com on a hotel room recently. We used them to book a room in New Orleans. When we arrived the Hotel tells us that Bookit sold us a room that was not available and they called them 3 days prior to our arrival and made them aware of the situation. Yet Bookit never informed us.

So here I sit in New Orleans with my wife, 3 yr old daughter, & 1 yr old daughter after drving all day and I have no room. Because of St. Patricks Day and the NCAA tournament going on in New Orleans there are very few rooms avaiable and the ones that are available are going for $200+ a night, which I am not paying.

I was on hold with Bookit for over an hour while they said they were checking on it. I finally hung up and began looking for a room on my own. Anyway the nice lady at the front desk of the hotel was able to get me a room in Metarie, LA, but I had to pay for it while Bookit had my money for the original room. Bookit finally called me back 3 hours later and said sorry for the mix up can we offer you a Swamp Boat tour for your trouble. I asked them if they could provide a baby sitter for my 3 yr old and 1 yr old while we went on a swamp boat tour, there was silence then I was told they would refund my money immediatly and apologized.

Well the money was never refunded. I call them on Sunday and they tell me it will be 7-10 days to get my money back from the original room when it only took them 5 mins to take the money out. My wife was on the phone with them for over 2 hours today to get anything done then they offer to refund half of it now and the other half in 7 days. We threatned to call our attorney and they then put it all back in, funny how that works.

Sorry to vent just wanted to pass along to you guys my experience with Bookit.com, I will never use them again.

Best Regards,
    Brent Huber
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.