1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Book ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KRE, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRE

KRE TS Member

I had a book years ago, about the mental part of Trap Shooting, an have lost it. I recall it was wrote by one of the top shooters but, can't recall who it was.

Anyone have a lead on it or know of another good one?

Thanks,

KRE

2. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Might it have been Mental Training for the Shotgun Sports by Dr. Michael J. Keyes?

Lister

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

KRE- Are you referring to the book that had a well written chapter about memory? If you lost such a book, that chapter must not have been very good.

Pat Ireland

4. KRE

KRE TS Member

Carol,

I don't recall that as being the title, but I'll sure get a copy an read it as well, thank you very much.

Kenneth

Pat,

It had nothing to do with memory as I recall but if it was there in print, age has erased those pages,LOL.
    I want to say it was more about the train of thought, that leads up to a shooter knowing they were going to lose the next bird, before it left the house. Which is where I have always beat myself. I had bought the book while shooting the Dollar in the late 70's and it took me to the State Cap shoot off in the early 80's. I lost that one, not from the book, but from not seeing (long story)the first shootoff bird at all.

Kenneth

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Lanny Bassham has some good books dealing with mental management. With Winning In Mind is one of them. HMB

6. KRE

KRE TS Member

hmb,

Thanks, I'll look at those as well.

Kenneth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.