1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Book for learning Trapshooting.++++++++++++++

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dickgshot, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The opinions about James Russell's books have been widely divergent. Some people have said they're worthless pieces of trash, while others think they're useless junk. My opinion is somewhere in the middle.

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

I recommend instead, Dick Bennett's book, "Trapshooting is a Game of Opposites", available from Shotgun Sports Magazine in their book section.

Dick's book has less technical topics but makes much more sense and does not need a covey of editors.

Rollin

3. shootsome

shootsome Member

I have Russell's "Trap Shooting Secrets". Seems like it is so full of meaningless detail it's hard to follow. I hear Harlan Champbell's DVD is great.

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Good books mentioned above, but don't forget those books that simply deal with shotgun shooting in general...not just for Trap! Many things taught in those books apply to shooting in Trap as well.

By the way, just as a matter of interest, I have an original issue of the first book ever written addressing Trap shooting.....it's entitled "Wing and Trap Shooting" by Charles Askins, 1910.........outdated, of course, but makes for some very interesting reading....printed in England of course. Fortunately, its in mint condition. I would consider selling it to a good home, but you better have a handsome bank account! HA, HA !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.