1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Booger Interviews TS.Com Moderator

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Onceabum, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

BB: Let’s get right to it, Mr Moderator. My first question is: Posts being similar, would a person with the sign -on name of Gary Goodguy receive more respect from the moderators than a person named Ugly Oscar?

Mod: No Way! We would treat old Ugly with the same respect that the more popular posters receive. (nose grows)

BB: Then, does this mean that I could become a Moderator if I so desired?

Mod: Most Definitely! Ah, unh, however, there are no openings at this time. Also there is a uh, long waiting list of applicants. (more nose action)

BB: I have first hand knowledge that a couple of shooters were removed from the site and had not broken any of the written rules. They were polite, helpful, never mentioned politics, race or anything insulting, yet were removed from the site. Why is that?

Mod: Well, we do have computer glitches now and then. And, as you know Booger, we must be very careful these days. It has become necessary to remove a “good guy” now and then, so as not to give the appearance we are discriminating against the “bad guys.”

BB: Along that same line, I notice we have a poster or two who are extremely abusive to the point of being insulting on the majority of their posts. Given TS.Com rules, why is that allowed and why is nothing done about it?

Mod: We need these types of people to create the proverbial norm. An over abundance of “good ole’ boys” and mannerly people would lead to a very boring website.

BB: Are there any UNWRITTEN rules of which some of us are not aware?

Mod: I have not yet READ the UNWRITTEN rules. However, I do know they apply only when someone cannot be removed from the site for breaking the WRITTEN rules.

BB: Whatever that means…. Now moving right along, what are the primary qualifications a person must possess to hold the hallowed position of Moderator?

Mod: We must be very caring people with very little conscience. Oh!…….and a lack of intelligence is also a plus.

BB: Since this site allows Off Topic threads, it is much more interesting than other specialized websites. For example, some would agree that a story about Recurvy eloping to Wyoming with Big Leo would be more interesting than the one comparing 7 ½ and 8 shot. What do you think?

Mod: Now, shot size is very important and uh …Wyoming, you say? Wow! I’ll bet shot size just became very important to the Pheasantmaster.

BB: One last question. To the best of your knowledge, has another moderator ever been removed from the site because of rule infractions… or do they get special treatment?

Mod: Uh, sorry Booger, I’m just simply out of time. Thanks and goodbye.

Well, there you have it shooters, a candid and informative talk with one of our own fair and unbiased moderators. Applause!

NOTE: I meant no offense to anyone with this thread. I want to thank Curvy, Leo and Martin for using their names. It was all in fun. I also want to thank David and his Moderators for keeping the lid on this most interesting and informative site. The interview was, of course, done with tongue planted firmly in cheek. Thanks, guys.

Respectfully,

BB

2. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Gosh BB you're walking the thin line. Have you ever considering changing your sign on to Big Booger Blew??
    all in fun

Bob

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

One of the best threads this tear. Good one Boog. Bulge

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Better be careful you will be keeping co with hydra!

5. Uncle Tom

Uncle Tom TS Member

And Sharky remember no talking about mellons or fried ch--ken gots me scared to say them words might get banded fur life

6. biff

biff Active Member

Booger, have you ever considered changing your name to Sir B. Blue or Mr. Blue Dried Mucus? A title in front of you name adds a little more distinction! A friend near here had a much loved blue tick hound dog which he aptly name "Old Blue". And then there was Tony Willoughby's famous BT 99 named "Old Blue" that he won the Clay Target Championship with at Vandalia!

You need to also apply for a newscasters job, you interviews rank right up there! Biff

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Bye-Bye Booger. HMB

8. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

BB,you are now a Marked man.I can hear the ice cracking.

I have been told don't #iss off the Pope.

Bocephas

9. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I see that some of you might be attempting to sway the moderators' judgement so they will indeed remove me from the site. You don't give the moderators enough credit for brains. They know (even if you do not) this thread was not to be taken seriously and was written to provide a bit of humor to the site.

BB

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Buger, You"ve been bad! No posts for you for several hours! No exceptions your a bad boy LOL

11. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

BB,I knew it was humor and sent some back to you.But you may of missed it.
    #am winter.Keep up the humor threads.

Bocephas

12. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

You can abuse anybody you want on this site as long as you don't disagree with Mr. White- supermoderator.

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

That's the last straw Booger and Milkbone will be fed to the hogs at sunup!

14. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

hogs don't eat boogers,,,,

democrats eat boogers and dogs eat milkbones,,,

15. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Milkbone, you got that right, for sure. BRGII

16. blitzer

blitzer TS Member

Wow, this Booger guy must be a writer for a shooting magazine! He has professional writing skills! Great job Mr. Blue.

17. shadow

shadow Active Member

Booger--are you certain that our moderator isnt the new Whitehouse spokesman?

18. biff

biff Active Member

Booger is working his way up to be a Mod! Now Milkbone is already in trouble on another thread by taking the fun out of being Quoted every time he comments.....he's getting to be one of the "Most Quoted on TS.Com!" Biff

19. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I think you're right, Biff. I need a more professional name if I am going to be interviewing celebrities or doing other important things. (I will interview a surprise guest in the near future.) You will notice what I have chosen in the signature block below.

I believe this new name will also enhance my standing as a shooter. (Booger) doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of other shooters.

Colonel B. Le'Blue

20. biff

biff Active Member

Atta Boy Blue or should I address you as Colonel?

I can hear it now, "Boys we'll be shooting for second place, I just saw the Colonel pull into the parking lot driving his Cadallic with the Longhorns on the hood!" Sure is more scary than someone whispering, "there comes old Booger." Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.