1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bond Arms Derringer - add on barrels good or bad??

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by omahasportingsupply, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

0   0   0

I recently went to an auction and saw a Bond Arms Defender for sale that was in the .410/45LC size. I thought it would make a cute skeet gun. When the bidding was over, I was the owner of 3 Bond Arms Derringers. I got the .410/45LC, a .45ACP, and a 9MM all in the Defender model. I took them all to a gun show (for giggles) and somebody made me sell them the .410/45LC (2.5" barrel) model. Instead of buying a whole new gun, the web site says that I can put anyone of the 15 different barrels on the Bond Arms derringer. I know that they are around a $100. I can't get Bond Arms to answer their phone or email. Anybody tried this before? Got a 4 1/4" .410 barrel to sell? Won't interchange? If I don't need an FFL to buy a barrel, why do these only get sold to FFLs or am I just looking in the wrong places? I may just keep one of the 2 I still have and buy or trade for the extra barrel. Any skeet gun you can put in your pocket can't be all bad. IMHO Omaha

2. omahasportingsupply

0   0   0

Vern, That is why I let my other one go since it was the 2 1/2" barrel which can only shoot the 2 1/2" .410 shells. They make a 3.5 and 4.25" barrel which will shoot the 3" .410 shells. I can find them for sale on their web site. I can find them in my wholesalers book. I read on the Bond Arm's web site that since the barrels are machined to such a close tolerance, all 15 barrels should interchange by removing one Allen screw and aligning the new barrel. I just would like to confirm this before I drop a C note and find out it doesn't work together. I can still pick which one to keep and which one to sell/trade. O happy day. Omaha

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

It sounds like you can interchange the barrels.

Check Here!

Hauxfan!

4. bilm67

bilm67 TS Member

0   0   0

Bond arms derringers are built that you can swap out different barrels. I have 45lc/410 and 357/38 barrels for mine. In cowboy shooting the Bond Arms are considered the Cadillac of the derringers. They are used to compete in Cowboy shooting and have been the very successful in national and regional/club matches.

5. omahasportingsupply

0   0   0

bilm67, How is the Bond Arms derringer used in Cowboy action shooting? What calibers are used? What events are the Bonds used in? Got any good pics or web sites? Thanks Omaha

6. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Omaha, in cowboy shooting the derringer is used in side matches mostly. A timed event to shoot 2 or sometimes 4 shots at a close target. With a little smoothing they can be really fast. I won mine at a cowboy shoot for entering the side match and posting the fastest time several years ago, right after they started making them.

The barrels will interchange okay, no problem. I prefer the 38.

When shooting the derringer, it is best to kind of roll the trigger finger on the trigger instead of pulling on the trigger. They have a stiff trigger "pull", so it works better to "roll" back on it, from top to bottom, if ya know what I mean.

7. omahasportingsupply

0   0   0

Update. Bought a 4.25 barrel from Bond Arms. Went to the skeet range. Stood next to the low house and couldn't hit anything coming out of the low house. Could hit incoming from the high house. Move to the center. Incoming rocks from either house were mostly dead. Station one. Incoming from the low house were mostly dead. High house got away. Used #8 shot 2.5 inch .410 UMC shells. Warnt prettee, but I giggled like a gurl!!! Am going to do it again when I have somebody else be my puller. Your pistol may shoot farther. Omaha

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

You can have a little spring work done and they cock and shoot easier. I have the 357 model and use it for cowboy side matches. Also have carried it on occasion.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bond arms barrel for sale
bond arms barrels

bond arms barrels for sale

bond arms for sale used
bond barrels for sale
bond derringer barrels
bond derringer barrels for sale
used bond arms barrels