1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bond Arms 45 ACP Derringer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Unsingle, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Does anyone own one of these or shot one. How is the recoil with the 45 ACP, etc. Appears to be really well made. What about for conceal carry?

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I've shot one, IMO they are a novelty or something to shoot the cowboy events with. For the weight and size you could carry something better and a lot less awkward to get in action. Pretty hard to hold on to for me anyway.

3. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Wow, this video answered my question about recoil with the 45 acp. Watch the second shot!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR4Z8iO6R5E

4. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I have one in .410/45 colt. Recoil is managable.. depending on the load you are using. Not very accurate, but I definately wouldn;t want to get hit with one at close range

5. spritc

spritc Active Member

I have a friend with a divitt in his forehead from one of these. Large handed guys can't hang onto them. However, girly men might be able to.

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I wouldn't want to get hit with one either, they are heavy and have sharp edges would probably bring blood.

7. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

My brother has one for charming snakes. It is heavy but not bulky IMO and the 410 with some big sized shot patterned pretty good at 25 ft. Really makes them black snakes dance! Remotely awkward to shoot, but after a few rounds you get the feel for it and learn how to hold.

Pretty slick.

8. slick50

slick50 Member

I had one...bought it new. Great little gun...very well made hunk of stainless. The 45 long colt was very manageable. The 410 shells stung your wrist when you shot it and those were light loads. You had to be pretty close to hit anything, but I see they are making a little longer barrel now. I thought it was great if you didn'y have to shoot very far.
    Bill

9. philk

philk Member

Wife bought me one for christmas,.45 ACP, well made, no fun to shoot. The little trigger gaurd thing hits my middle finger knuckle every shot, 4 rnds of 230 gr. Hydrashocks and I`m done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.