1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BOMBALICKI'S ULTIMATUM TO NHSC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fssberson, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

BOMBALICKI

ULTIMATUM
    Received as an e-mail from Gary Bombalicki on Thursday morning to John Moor, President, NHSC, and all Board Members. Essentially, turn-over keys and complete access to the club or else. Per advice of our attorney, we terminated their services. We apologize to all shooters for this display of poor behavior.

QUOTE:

John,
    Did you not get the email and (read the string below)? I am sure you did as I sent it to the same email address as this one. So, I don’t know what part of it you don’t understand.

However, let me clarify our position. In order for Jim and I to run the shoot you need to do two things:

1. In writing, appoint Jim Tyner and me Range Masters for the balance of this year so that we have liability protection.
    2. In writing assure us that you will have and give two sets of keys, one for me as a Range Master and one for Jim Tyner, per his Agreement and as a Range Master, no later than Friday morning.

We have no intention of donating our time to raise money for the Club so that you can waste it on legal fees fighting Jim’s Agreement. As past President of the club and board member at the time we made this agreement with Jim, I’m truly surprised at you breaking the agreement we made in writing and not wanting to live up to the clubs end of the bargain (especially since he already was giving the key and not to have them replaced when you re-keyed the club). Plus wasting over $1,000 dollars of the clubs money rehashing this with our attorney Hunt Braly that was to be used for the clubs CUP renewal.

If I don’t have this assurance by the end of today, I will notify all pre-squaded shooters that Jim and I will not be running the shoot and post that on TS.com as well. I estimate that that will cost the Club $4,000+ in revenue as many of those were coming based on our reputation for running good shoots.
    If you need any further clarification, call me.

Thanks,
    Gary

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that with us.

3. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

So that's what dirty laundry looks like. I thought it would be worse.

How old are you guys again ?

4. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I would normally send this in a PM, but apparently it would just be posted here anyway so...

This is the wrong forum for stuff like this. If you have internal strife in your club, handle it there.

It would be in the best interest of you, your club and TS.com for the OP to be deleted. I don't know what you expect to come from this, but it won't help. All it does is make everyone concerned look childish.

If you're wondering why Trap shooters have such a bad reputation, this is a perfect example. If you delete the OP, I will remove this post.

5. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Thank you Fred for posting our concerns as we would not initiate to put club business on a public forum. Obviously, people can understand that without the maximum amount of liability protection it would be foolish for us to be Shoot Directors. Further, we needed the keys to set up for the shoot. We ran over 40 ATA shoots at NHSC and averaged 43 shooters per day. Our having keys during those 3+ years was never a problem. Jim having keys during the 3+ years he served as Facilities Chairman while volunteering over 800 hours was also never a problem.

As a clarification for those unfamiliar with the history, in 2010 Jim Tyner and NHSC entered into a written settlement agreement based upon alleged violations of California Labor Laws pertaining to Jim employment by the Club to construct 3 new trap fields. The Resolution passed by the Board provided remedies and compensation due Jim for the Club's willfull failure to pay Jim his wages when due. included in those items was that Jim was to have a set of keys to the trap houses and to have access to the Club at his discretion.

The current President has taken it upon himself to violate that provision. The Agreement provided that if any future Board violated the Agreement that Jim could enforce the Agreement in court with a set damage amount of $25,000 for each violation. Obviously, Jim does not want to damage the Club because of the willingness of a handful of people not wishing to honor a written agreement and keep the word of the Club. However, Jim is entitled to the keys and like any one else is willing to protect his rights.

As to the $4,000, that is just a statement of historical fact. In 2009 when Jim and I ran the Winter Chain we had 224 entries for the weekend and generated almost $6800. In 2010 when others ran the shoot there were 103 entries for the weekend generating about $2900. Do the math.

We are pleased the shoot ran well due to the hard work of the members. We wish you well on Sunday. It is unfortunate that those who hold petty jealousies can't just get past the past. If people currently running the Club lived up to the promise that the Club made Jim in writing, there never would have been a problem.

Gary

6. oz

oz Active Member

do you want cheese with that whine

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Sorry folks, but we have shared enough "dirty laundry". Just don't believe everything you read from Bombalicki, Tyner or Bilbey. Fred

8. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/46bBWBG9r2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dirty Laundry.....

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

How does this hurt trapshooting? I doubt anyone not involved could figure
    out who did what to whom. It's almost unintelligible, except it seems there's
    no shortage of idiots on all sides - except the lawyers, who make their money
    refereeing pissing contests.

12. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I'm struggling with this thread trying to understand what has happened.

Didn't North Hollywood have shoots cancelled last year because there weren't enough volunteers to run the shoot? If I recall, there were several months that went by where there weren't any NHSC shoots at all. Why is there a pissing match going on now about who is going to run the shoots?

13. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Come on guys ... give it a rest!

Sooner or later ... every Club goes through something like this! Eventually it will all settle out.

I have shot there , and it is a good club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bombalicki