1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bolt down 3/4 cock sporting clays traps?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction. We have one now that is on our duck tower, and i'd like to investigate getting one or 2 more. The one we have bolts down to a couple 1 x 6s, and I can't find anything on the net that bolts to a sheet of wood.

2. tj303

tj303 Member

I believe the Lincoln 3/4 cock trap machines all bolt down. My club might have some lightly used ones available as well as a portable clays tower/trailer. Located in Ithaca, NY. Tony J. PM or email alpsoup at yahoo dot com

3. larryjk

larryjk Member

We have two brands of sporting clays traps. Both types have holes in the legs so they can be bolted down.
    If you don't bolt them down, you lose quite a little distance capability. The trap vibration absorbs a lot of spring energy.
    We are putting a 5-stand range at the local trap and skeet club and will be bolting the traps down to poured in place concrete slabs. We want all of the energy to be put out in bird speed and distance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.