1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bolt Action Trap Guns?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wolfram, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

#1) They don't balance well

#2) They usually lock up on the bolt handle which isn't that strong

#3) They are akward to use

#4) They are butt ugly

#5) Harry Reid shoots one

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The Browning Recoilless was one.

3. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Wolfram,

Thanks for confirming that stuff about Harry Reid. I suspected as much. Someone gave me a Marlin Super Goose Gun a couple of years ago and I didn't know what to do with it until I read your post. I just threw it overboard!

4. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

The Ljutic Space gun is a bolt action
    [​IMG]

5. turmite

turmite Member

<a href="http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q188/turmite/?action=view&current=Racegun.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Here is one I am doing now, as I have time. My wife has been placed with hospice and most all my time is devoted to her.

This is a rendering of a Westernfield with a 1" diam barrel extension that measures about 9" long to give a finished barrel of 30". Stock is adjustable for lop from about 12.5 to 14.75 and it has a sleeve type recoil system that is incorporated into the sleeve. Orange portion at the back moves forward and over the rear of the red butt section of the stock. Recoil pad is adjustable up and down and can be rotated as well. Cheek is adjustable up and down as well as side to side. Pistol grip will be adjustable for reach if I can figure out how to do it and make it hold up under recoil. The rib is adjustable by necessity and uses a series of cross holes with a pin and c ring to hold everything in place once set.

Normally I would not waste my time or money on something like this, but I am building it to let our students have something wild to have a little fun with after practices!

I have already tested the prototype recoil system, pistol grip in a fixed position and the stock. It actually works!

Mike

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mike ---I'll pray for you and your wife. I have been there with my dad. Not a happy time of my life. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Neat concept gun too.

Matt

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Given the examples shown thus far ....

They are still butt ugly and the thing about Harry Reid is a fact documented at the new LV shooting complex. Knowing just these two facts should keep all hetro-sexual trap shooters from dabbling in the dark realm of bolt action shotguns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bolt action for trap