1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Boise

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by calilori, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calilori

calilori TS Member

I was just talking to a friend today who is visiting from Boise and have promised to visit her this summer. We are definitely planning on some white water rafting, but I was wondering about the clubs out there. I think I would be there the first or middle of July. Are there any really exciting shoots or events that I would want to make sure I made?

2. calilori

calilori TS Member

Thanks for the info, but I'm definitely planning on heading east after I leave Boise, so Oregon won't be a part of this trip. Maybe next time.

3. Short_Pockets

Short_Pockets Member

Calilori,

Here is the website for the club. www.boisegunclub.com

If you have any questions please feel free to email me.

Brian (BJ) Johnson
    Webmaster for BoiseGunClub.com

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Lori, Pocatello is three hours due east of Boise on I-84/86. We are hosting the Western Zone Shoot July 19-22. We would love to have you join us. Feel free to contact me if you want any information on the club, or other things to do in Idaho.

By the way, the Payette River has great whitewater rafting.

Larry Ford

5. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Cascade Raft has some good whitewater rafting - it's about 5 minutes from me (see link above). I'll be going on my first trip this summer with family who's visiting from AZ. Unless we get a lot of rain, the water won't be nearly as high as last year but last year was a lot of water. As for shoots, I guess the other guys covered it. Caldwell and Boise GC are nice clubs.

Hope you have fun,

Jennifer

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I live in Boise. I find Boise GC very unfriendly and try to avoid shooting there. Caldwell is much better. If you are looking to shoot some games and have some serious fun, go to Melba

7. JDH

JDH TS Member

Calilori,
    I live in Boise, and echo the above comments (except those from cubancigar2000). Boise has a nice club, and is gearing up to host the 2007 ATA and PITA state shoots; Pocatello always has good shoots and is a nice club; and Caldwell is a great place to shoot with fishing ponds adjacent to the grounds. As for other activities, the whitewater rafting on the Payette should be good, and if you have time a drive to Stanley (3 hours east of Boise) should be considered -- a very rugged and beautiful area (and much cooler than Boise in July) where you can raft in the headwaters of the Salmon River. For bigger water you might consider floating the Salmon River near Riggins (3 hours north of Boise). If you are into fishing, Idaho has some great lakes and streams, and the Boise River in town isn't too shabby for either fishing or floating. Best wishes for an enjoyable visit. Jim

8. calilori

calilori TS Member

During all of my married years we went to Idaho every summer to visit the ex in-laws. They live in the Rupert/Burley area, but I've never been to the Boise area, so I'm looking forward to it.

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

rich-s, I agree with your sentiments, but, I'm afraid the cat's out of the bag already...

Jen in HSB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.